Gibson Brands Forums

Did you know where Goldtops are made?

saturn

The guy's ads are entertaining, but they kind of piss me off. First off, how about some pictures of the actual guitar? I do not plan on spending a bunch of money just because he got some skeezers to pose with guitars, this is not a cologne advertisement. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE women, especially hot young ones. But I also love guitars and the pics of the actual guitars are terrible. Second, this guy is always criticizing collectors and all sorts of other people. Who the hell is this "godzilla" to criticize just because he jacks up the price on some reissues b/c he added vintage parts? This guy flips guitars and thinks he's some sort of creative genius because his ebay ads get responses out of people. Maybe if he sold some amazing guitars I would understand. But he doesn't. He sells gimmicks and stupid pictures. That gold top used to be $20k, and now it's $15. Wonder why? B/c no one wants to buy that crap. He should focus on selling rather than fulfilling his dreams of taking retarded pictures of girls holding reissues in caves. Sorry for rambling, but that guy's ads always upset me.

The guy's ads are entertaining' date=' but they kind of piss me off. First off, how about some pictures of the actual guitar? I do not plan on spending a bunch of money just because he got some skeezers to pose with guitars, this is not a cologne advertisement. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE women, especially hot young ones. But I also love guitars and the pics of the actual guitars are terrible. Second, this guy is always criticizing collectors and all sorts of other people. Who the hell is this "godzilla" to criticize just because he jacks up the price on some reissues b/c he added vintage parts? This guy flips guitars and thinks he's some sort of creative genius because his ebay ads get responses out of people. Maybe if he sold some amazing guitars I would understand. But he doesn't. He sells gimmicks and stupid pictures. That gold top used to be $20k, and now it's $15. Wonder why? B/c no one wants to buy that crap. He should focus on selling rather than fulfilling his dreams of taking retarded pictures of girls holding reissues in caves. Sorry for rambling, but that guy's ads always upset me.[/quote']

+1 :-k

I had the same thoughts the first time I ran across this clowns ad's

This guy is either VERY smart? Or EXTREMELY certifiable? Either way, his "stories" are interesting...just not $19,000+ interesting!

And, he must be hittin' the Huka HARD! B/C you CAN find vintage parts very cheaply on the internet (not just ebay), maybe not original PAFs, but there are MANY places to find old parts for under $200. Or, as far as "PAFs" go, you can pay most luthiers (which can run anywhere from $25-$75, depending on the desired model) to custom wind/build a p/u that's COMPLETELY identical to ANY vintage one (minus the age).

I'll tell you what though, if these loads of CRAP (stories) actually work, and help him sell guitars? Then this guy is a genius! But I sincerely DOUBT it!

you guys have no sense of humor.

i could care less how much he's asking for the guitars- i have no intention of buying anything from him.

but i still get a chuckle out of his ads.

I got a good laugh, but the price(s) he's trying to sell these guitars at? That's what makes him sound nuts! I could buy an all original '52 LP GT for less than he's asking for these..."Franken-Pauls".

What he's doing is really no different than if I were to buy a 2010 Mustang, replace the interior with the interior from a '60s Mustang, and then try to sell it for TWICE as much as it's worth.

Bottom line is, if it aint broke, why "fix" it, and then try to re-sell it with various "vintage" parts for WAYYY too much money?! I mean, if he were LP himself (God rest his soul), then I could understand it, but...

Archived