Gibson Brands Forums

The Pub Is Back Open...

Duende

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi Matt could do with a few tonih=ght and a good old jam shame your not a bit closer

Heres to a pint in cyber space.

Rog

Well I am pretty sold on moving to Bristol in the next several years. We would just need to sort a few things out here first. Damn it!! I want a life that involves non stop hedonism and fun =P~

Matt

• 2 weeks later...
Gin and tonic for me as it's after dinner now. Cheers!

My twin sister Mattalina has just given you that and a wink on the house[biggrin]

My wife and I are having a nice glass of Chianti like my favourite anti hero Hannibal Lecter. Another week survived on the Gibson forums LMAO!

Anyway, this thread is just a bit of fun and intended to toast good will so cheers and lets here what you are all up to!

Matt

It is not just the Guinness but you have a Irish look about you Stiffhand.

I have drank enough to be one [laugh] ...but I am actually from Monterrey Mexico' date=' my ancestors are from Asturias north Spain, it isn't a long haul from there to Ireland tough [cool

I do have a very unusual accent, people never guess where I am from, never.

Well' date=' thank you very much. I shall mix another one and hoist it for Mattalina. [biggrin']

be careful, she is a heartbreaking user. I love her as my sister but she will sausage you and in the morning your wallet will be gone.

Stiff hand

I love geneology who how the hell you spell it after a few drinks[biggrin]

My family go back to Wales for quite a few hundred years then there is some French blood. Because I am dark haired etc my local convenience store owner (a friendly and crazy Turk) is convinced my mother had meetings with another Turk LMAO (bastard) LOL[biggrin] [cool]

Matt

LOL

Actually with the risk of being personal' date=' as a comparison, what is the pay scale for teachers in the US Surfpup?

Matt

[/quote']

No problem... It varies quite a bit by state actually - and even within each county as well. Generally the higher paying states have a higher cost of living. Florida's pay is near the lower end nationwide because our cost of living is pretty low and our state is full of retirees who don't understand that they have a vested interest in churning out quality high-school graduates. Additionally our state passed a tax limitation amendment precisely at the time of our nation's (and our state's) economic downturn, resulting in a massive budget crunch and us not getting raises for the last three years!

Anyway, here is a link the pay scale in my county ... http://www.stjohns.k12.fl.us/jobs/salary

Private Sector here but the same surfpup, no raises for 2 years and the same is coming next year, sadly performance wise these have been my best years in the company and don't get much out of it excepts pats on the back. This is is my best in 12 years and my bonus will probably be $3,000 intead of $12,000, this is if I don't lose my job between now and March.

I love geneology who how the hell you spell it after a few drinks[biggrin]

My family go back to Wales for quite a few hundred years then there is some French blood. Because I am dark haired etc my local convenience store owner (a friendly and crazy Turk) is convinced my mother had meetings with another Turk LMAO (bastard) LOL[biggrin] [biggrin]

Matt

I can only trace my family to 1765 and before then is jus word to mouth information, Mexico did not keep great records back then and if they did they are gone after Indepence adn Revolution wars.

I too get plenty of jokes since I do not look stereotypically (if that is a word) Mexican. Like "what you did not play with the other kids in the sun?"

I too get plenty of jokes since I do not look stereotypically (if that is a word) Mexican. Like "what you did not play with the other kids in the sun?"

LMAO, that is funny us both getting opposite treatment!! Some people say the reason so many people from Wales are so dark is because when the Moors invaded they settled in many parts.

I often get too from friends "where is that guitar playing wop" etc

Teacher pay scale in the uk... Well you start on about £22000 and if you have additional responsibilties and have been teaching a number of years, it can go up to c.£44000. In mainstream education from the teachers I speak to at my secondary school that I teach guitar (pupils are ages 11-18) -many class teachers seem to be on about £30000 PA

I know this from my wife who is an autistic class teacher. She used to work in mainstream education and thinks that in special needs (perhaps to encourage you not to leave! LOL) the schools give you as many 'points' on your salary as possible to bump your pay up. In special needs a lot of teachers are on £35000+

Matt

Archived