Gibson Brands Forums

Sweetwater, Power Supply, & Mexican Radio ?

Murph

For those who remember.....

The power supply ordered from Sweetwater (Wed) was on time, below budget, and I'm sold with their service. And yes, some candy in the box........

Someone here mentioned there would be a difference in tone with the a/c adapter vs the 9 volt battery in the TS9, and I must say, there is a difference. It's more a response thing, if you will, I used it both Fri & Sat night, and I actually prefer it now. Saturday night went great, but Friday night was weird, this club has some power issues, and about 10:30 my

<<<<<-----Boogie was picking up a Mexican radio station...... (with the mic on it, of course)

If I kicked out the TS9, it would quit. It only happened for about 10 minutes Friday night, and never did it again......

I'm craving Tacos.......

=D>

OMG what was that tune in the 70's?

Its on Mexican radiooooo......

Jocko......

If you remember the '70's.................................

You weren't there.............

Bwahahahahahahahahaha.....

:D/

On Topic, I used get our Local Air Traffic on my stuff when I lived closer to the Airport. It would kick on with my Wah Wah though, not my TS9.

Anyway, it turned out that it was always picking up radio signals, it was just really quiet. The Wah acted like a signal booster.

You sure it was the club's fault? Those Mesa's...:-

Bwahahahahahaha.

Actually, Sat night (last night) the whole rack went down at 10 minutes to "showtime".

(My Mesa was fine on the other side, by the way)

Yea, this club has a few issues, but it's HUGE, and very old.....

Stuff happens......

Here it's always a country western station KNIX they pump out so much power it's tough not to pick them up on almost anything electronic.

You're in the Valley.

Been there.

Buck Owens used to own KTUF/KNIX.......

Remember the old KDKB with Toad Hall?

You're in the Valley.

Been there.

Buck Owens used to own KTUF/KNIX.......

Remember the old KDKB with Toad Hall?

Yep I am East Valley specifically and yeah I remember buck well and KDKB's still around now it's classic rock station playing the same music (suck getting old doesn't it) KNIX still broadcasts just as strong though I pick wireless gear specifically to get away from there band blasting power.

A former band I was in went into the studio to record and the bass player brought his brand new Mesa amp and we couldn't get rid of the radio stations. He ended up using his old amp - not even sure what it was... he was mad because we were all laughing.

our studio is right next to the express way, and a couple times we have picked up semi trucks going by, dont know whether it has anything to do with any certain equipment, but its served for some interesting sound effects, and has even made it on to a bands CD cause they liked the wierd noises! haha

strange what musical gear can do sometimes!! haha

A former band I was in went into the studio to record and the bass player brought his brand new Mesa amp and we couldn't get rid of the radio stations. He ended up using his old amp - not even sure what it was... he was mad because we were all laughing.

I've been gigging this Blue Angel for years, and it's never happened before, and like I said it was just for a few minutes.

I know back in the old "CB" days people would talk about SKIP......

Didn't know if it could effect a.m. signals.

Ah, shooting skip. I was talking to a guy the other night in Dallas on AM, which is rare, it's usually sideband I get the longshots like that. I used to have an old MXR Distortion plus used to pick up what sounded like Russian to us...shortwave I'm thinkin'.

I've been gigging this Blue Angel for years' date=' and it's never happened before, and like I said it was just for a few minutes.

I know back in the old "CB" days people would talk about SKIP......

Didn't know if it could effect a.m. signals.

[/quote']

Skip probaby refers to how raidio waves skip or bounce when the hit the upper atmosphere and then bounce down and hit the earth and on and on. This is why if you listen to AM radio as you drive the signal drops in and out. FM frequencies don't act the same as AM ones because the higher frequencies tend to go thru the upper atmosphere.

I'm not exactly sure how that equates to the signal coming into the amp though.

Signals being picked up by the amp, whether they're AM, FM, Short Wave or CB, happens because there's an Antenna somewhere in the signal chain, but not by design.

The way you set up your pedals, the way the amps footswitch cable comes out of the amp, or the way the Speaker Cab Cable is twisted will happen to make an Ariel. The amp is practically a radio already, adding an Antenna just makes it pick up signals better.

Archived