Gibson Brands Forums

A few pics of my Trad

Tim Plains

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tim's last guitar for a while. 2009 Honeyburst Traditional.

Sadly, though it may not happen this year, I predict I will own a Trad Plus. Such a close second to my R9 and one I would not be afraid to take out of the house or to a gig. There are actually some things about the 57 Classic / Classic Plus combo that I actually "prefer" over the BBs too.

Nice guitar Tim!!!

Ehhhh thats nothing great. Just out of curiousity, whats your address, where exactly are you keeping it in the house and do you have a dog? Just wondering. Doing a survey, ya know :- ............Alright damnit just give me the guitar! i want a honeyburst LP!!!=D>

Didn't you say something like that when you got the Pearly Gates model :D/

See' date=' you got me all wrong. I recently added the "for a while" part.

There are actually some things about the 57 Classic / Classic Plus combo that I actually "prefer" over the BBs too.

I think '57s are everybody's favorite Gibson pickup but I really love BBs and I think they'll always be my favorites.

I'm waiting for RS Guitar's next sale to order some pot/caps for this one. So, the '57s should really shine then. O:)

Ehhhh thats nothing great. Just out of curiousity' date=' whats your address, where exactly are you keeping it in the house and do you have a dog? Just wondering. Doing a survey, ya know O:) ............Alright damnit just give me the guitar! i want a honeyburst LP!!!'](*,)

I'm at 123 Fake Street, Springfield, IL. Come on by...

wow, that is a really sharp looking Les Paul. Congrats, R9! that thing has Historic type flame, IMHO. that guitar actually makes me a little jealous. another reason why i believe the Traditional is the best LP the USA factory is pumping out.

as for the pickups, the 57s are good but i like the little extra windings gibson puts on the BB1/2.

another reason why i believe the Traditional is the best LP the USA factory is pumping out.

I think it's the best bang for the buck when buying a new Lester. Used to be the R7s/R8s when they were $3' date='000.

I just noticed the speed knobs!...I always liked those. Much more functional then the top hats.

Funny, I don't...

More functional, yes but I don't like how they look.

Actually, they don't look too bad with this colour but I'm still gonna replace them.

nah' date=' i would swap them for the regular knobs to complete the look. that and maybe put on a blank TRC.[/quote']

Actually, that's what I'm doing. Already bought some reflectors through eBay and I'm ordering a TRC tomorrow, maybe a historic TRC. :-k

Hi Are Nine.

That's beautiful!!!

You sure have great taste in choosing LP tops.

You must have a lot of patience too because

you just don't see great tops on most of 'em.

Congrats man.

Hey, by the way, I thought you were done buying

USA models. Not that it really matters,

a great guitar is a great guitar... right?

(...Historics still RULE!)

lowb5str, that's a given. :D

HeadCase, if 6 historic Les Pauls don't satisfy the urge, neither will a 7th! lol

I did consider buying another R8 but then I'd be buying more of the same thing, right?

Trust me, historics are still tops, as far as I'm concerned. If I didn't already have a few, I wouldn't have been looking for a Trad.

Actually, I didn't pick it out. I have a contact at the warehouse, all I did was tell him what I was looking for.

He played a bunch and picked out two he thought were the best ones. He sent them to me, I kept this one.

Archived