Gibson Brands Forums

A few pics of my Trad

Tim Plains

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tim's last guitar for a while. 2009 Honeyburst Traditional.

Sadly, though it may not happen this year, I predict I will own a Trad Plus. Such a close second to my R9 and one I would not be afraid to take out of the house or to a gig. There are actually some things about the 57 Classic / Classic Plus combo that I actually "prefer" over the BBs too.

Nice guitar Tim!!!

Didn't you say something like that when you got the Pearly Gates model :D/

See' date=' you got me all wrong. I recently added the "for a while" part.

There are actually some things about the 57 Classic / Classic Plus combo that I actually "prefer" over the BBs too.

I think '57s are everybody's favorite Gibson pickup but I really love BBs and I think they'll always be my favorites.

I'm waiting for RS Guitar's next sale to order some pot/caps for this one. So, the '57s should really shine then. O:)

Ehhhh thats nothing great. Just out of curiousity' date=' whats your address, where exactly are you keeping it in the house and do you have a dog? Just wondering. Doing a survey, ya know O:) ............Alright damnit just give me the guitar! i want a honeyburst LP!!!'](*,)

I'm at 123 Fake Street, Springfield, IL. Come on by...

wow, that is a really sharp looking Les Paul. Congrats, R9! that thing has Historic type flame, IMHO. that guitar actually makes me a little jealous. another reason why i believe the Traditional is the best LP the USA factory is pumping out.

as for the pickups, the 57s are good but i like the little extra windings gibson puts on the BB1/2.

another reason why i believe the Traditional is the best LP the USA factory is pumping out.

I think it's the best bang for the buck when buying a new Lester. Used to be the R7s/R8s when they were $3' date='000.

I just noticed the speed knobs!...I always liked those. Much more functional then the top hats.

Funny, I don't...

More functional, yes but I don't like how they look.

Actually, they don't look too bad with this colour but I'm still gonna replace them.

nah' date=' i would swap them for the regular knobs to complete the look. that and maybe put on a blank TRC.[/quote']

Actually, that's what I'm doing. Already bought some reflectors through eBay and I'm ordering a TRC tomorrow, maybe a historic TRC. :-k

Hi Are Nine.

That's beautiful!!!

You sure have great taste in choosing LP tops.

You must have a lot of patience too because

you just don't see great tops on most of 'em.

Congrats man.

Hey, by the way, I thought you were done buying

USA models. Not that it really matters,

a great guitar is a great guitar... right?

(...Historics still RULE!)

lowb5str, that's a given. :D

HeadCase, if 6 historic Les Pauls don't satisfy the urge, neither will a 7th! lol

I did consider buying another R8 but then I'd be buying more of the same thing, right?

Trust me, historics are still tops, as far as I'm concerned. If I didn't already have a few, I wouldn't have been looking for a Trad.

Actually, I didn't pick it out. I have a contact at the warehouse, all I did was tell him what I was looking for.

He played a bunch and picked out two he thought were the best ones. He sent them to me, I kept this one.

Archived