Gibson Brands Forums

Best 12 inch speakers for a Roland JC-120 head?

Lukesteele

Hi peeps. I play mainly rock. Ive got a pair of EV ts100 speaker boxes with the standard speakers in them since adam was a boy and I 'm thinking of replacing them with some real good guitar speakers. I looked up the EVM12L's and got a shock at the price..$520 EACH! Surely there's as good out there if price isnt the determining factor right? I'm ALL EARS thanx in advance. =P~

Greetings,I find Celestion G12T-75s a great speaker for rock applications especially for 100+wts.If you want something that will growl at lower volumes Vintage 30s are nice but I'd avoid cranking them with 100 W. JBL K 120s are real nice speakers I believe they've reintroduced them or made a replacement based on their specs. they can take a brutal workout,I have one in my Leslie cabinet and I've subjected it to incredible volumes and it still holds up.I've seenthem on ebay at reasonable prices.I hope this is of some help.

If you want something that will growl at lower volumes Vintage 30s are nice but I'd avoid cranking them with 100 W.

How many speakers are you replacing? Two Celestion Vintage 30s will give you 120 watts of power handling and 4 will give you 240!

hi guys, thanx for your suggestions. I'm starting to wonder if the JC-120 will do the trick even with better speakers. Let's face it , its a very CLEAN transistor amp. I own a Vox Cambridge 15 watt practice hybrid amp and it's got a decent warm tone. I was wanting to take the line out of the Vox and run it thru the Jc-120 for stage use. I've done it before with a 15 Inch Celestion bass box and sure it sounds BIG but it loses out on those mids. I just dont want to fork out more money to find that the speaker upgrade didnt do the trick. I really want a AC 30!! Cheers.

Archived