Gibson Brands Forums

Help With Different Les Pauls

hero_of_the_day_1985

Hello. I was wondering if you guys could help me with the differences between a Les Paul Standard and a Standard Plus. I have what I was told when I bought it is a Standard but it has a pretty good flame to it so I was wondering if it's actually a Plus. I really don't know if that is a deciding factor and/or what else is. It's a 2007 if that helps. I have attempted to include an image, hopefuly it works.

body.jpg?t=1254131138

Thanks.

Yes, the term "Plus" is a direct reference to the top. A top that has figure (i.e. flame, tiger-stripe, etc) is a referred to as a "Plus Top", any lack of figure and it would be a "Plain Top". There really isn't much of a difference, really! Except the beauty of a perfectly symmetrical, flame top, or plain top, if you like.

BTW! Welcome to the forum, and that thing looks SWEEEET!=P~

One way to know for sure is to remove the pickup and look at the writing on the cavity bottom. If it has a "+" at the end then it's a AAA top. It may also use the letters "pp," which stands for Premium Plus (I've seen both). Both the "Plus" and "Premium Plus" have AAA tops.

Archived