Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Standard plain tops??!!

Albert F

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum (first post today!). I've been in and around the LP Forum though for a number of years though not an exceptional poster.

I have been looking for a plain top les paul standard in lightburst and have come up with zero so far. It seems that plain tops (save the Traditional Pro) are not being made anymore. Does anyone know if Gibson intends to re-release a line of plain tops? I for one would be really interested in one.

I have a 2002 R8 which for me has great flame and colour but has a slightly chunky neck. It would be nice to get a standard plain top one day.

I have looked for used but none in a colour like lightburst. Fussy aren't I??

Albert

Thanks guys,

I had considered a Classic if I could find one with less green inlays, they seem to vary over the years!

While a R0 plaintop is a possibility it does costs that bit more.

At the moment the only route seems to be to go for a used Standard

Hi all' date='

I'm new to this forum (first post today!). I've been in and around the LP Forum though for a number of years though not an exceptional poster.

I have been looking for a plain top les paul standard in lightburst and have come up with zero so far. It seems that plain tops (save the Traditional Pro) are not being made anymore. Does anyone know if Gibson intends to re-release a line of plain tops? I for one would be really interested in one.

I have a 2002 R8 which for me has great flame and colour but has a slightly chunky neck. It would be nice to get a standard plain top one day.

I have looked for used but none in a colour like lightburst. Fussy aren't I??

Albert[/quote']

The place where I bought my cherry Traditional from might have one in a plain top. I say "might" because I can't remember if it was plain or just a really, really subtle flame.

The guy handed me that one first, and I said I wanted a flame top and thats what I bought. It was a really nice guitar though.

I'll PM you the details as I am not sure if I'll get in trouble by posting businesses on here.

Thanks guys' date='

I had considered a Classic if I could find one with less green inlays, they seem to vary over the years!

While a R0 plaintop is a possibility it does costs that bit more.

At the moment the only route seems to be to go for a used Standard[/quote']

Yeah the green inlays are not the most attractive feature to say the least. Oddly enough I notice that they look a lot greener in photographs than they do do in real life.

Archived