Gibson Brands Forums

First Song------DONE!!!

Andre S

WHEEE!!! My first original!!! Literally the basic structure was done in less than half hour. But its kinda simple, only like 6 or 7 chords, so I may change it or, I may leave it as is. But the guitar part is DONE!!! Too bad, I don't sing....I'll try to write vocals, and then start on a quest of finding a singer, and other instruments to fill the void...

Its full strumming so far, similar to Wonderwall in terms of straight strumming throughought.

Worked on with my Martin Om-1 28/09/09...Very proud first song, and I actually like it a lot, compared to the other stuff I fiddled with!!

I wrote my first song about 3 months ago

It was for a girl I liked, found out she was just leading me along :D

Now I don't know whether to still go with it or not, sometimes it brings back hard memories.......

I like it, but I have no idea what to do with it now

Not trying to take away from your thread bro, Congrats man

It is hard to write songs, keep it going

And, don't write them about girls, trust me

Fred61 dont ever dump a good song just because of the girl not working out just change the lyrics to the next girls name and recycle the sucker over and over.

The song doesn't even mention her name, it is just kind've a sappy song and I don't know what to do with it, it just kinda brings up bad memories

Haven't really touched it since then, I might have to play it a little and tweak it (the chord progression, not the lyrics)

Thanks though I mean since that happened I haven't really written any songs so I will have to start again

And I would have to agree, my chord progression is 5 chords, could be simpler, but keep up the good work man

If I get a chance to I will have to record it and post it

Keep it simple and write what you know. I'm working on my second CD right now. It's not going to make me famous' date=' But who care's, at least I can say I tried. Keep It up, It just might work out for you.:- [/quote']

I don't know if I want to be famous...I mean I did, but now thinking about, playing your songs for complete strangers and having them really enjoying it, sounds just as cool as having worldwide fame.

The song doesn't even mention her name' date=' it is just kind've a sappy song and I don't know what to do with it, it just kinda brings up bad memories

Haven't really touched it since then, I might have to play it a little and tweak it (the chord progression, not the lyrics)

Thanks though I mean since that happened I haven't really written any songs so I will have to start again

And I would have to agree, my chord progression is 5 chords, could be simpler, but keep up the good work man

If I get a chance to I will have to record it and post it [/quote']

I'll do the same, if I ever work through the slight jumble of chords, that the end of the chorus is in now.

But hey, Fred, don't let that stop you from writing, dude...

It was for a girl I liked' date=' found out she was just leading me along :- [/quote']

I will never write about girls.... those songs annoy me....

they just kinda go like: you should be with me whine whine whine etc....

I will never write about girls.... those songs annoy me....

they just kinda go like: you should be with me whine whine whine etc....

No it wasn't like that at all

here are the lyrics if anyone wants to see them

"Clearity"- the name is kind've ironic, because it is spelled wrong, thus being unclear if it makes sense

(Verse)

You're standing there, a silhouette

your face is one I won't forget

And from the darkness you emerge

All my worries have been purged

(Chorus)

All at once, things start to change

At this point, things can't be the same

And right now, all I need

Is a form of clarity

As you walk towards me, I shake

The feelings I have begin to awake

Seeing you right in front of me

Is the answer to my plea

(Chorus)

The uncertainty of what's going on

Has brought upon this new dawn

The only sure part of reality

Is what is right in front of me

All at once, things start to change

At this point things can't be the same

And right now, all I need

Is a form of clarity

I sense an end is coming near

The truth is all I want to hear

#-o

Yup pretty sappy and didn't even work out but it is the first song I wrote, so it means something to me

Archived