Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar Kits

Blackie

You should pass. They are bolt ons. I would think (and maybe wrong) that they would have the longer Fender scale and not be made of mahogany. They might look like SGs from a distance, but they will fall short in comparing to one. Save your $$ and buy the real thing.

You should pass. They are bolt ons. I would think (and maybe wrong) that they would have the longer Fender scale and not be made of mahogany. They might look like SGs from a distance' date=' but they will fall short in comparing to one. Save your $$ and buy the real thing.[/quote']

:D

Crap is crap........

I think a lot of people buy these more for the experience of building a guitar than to use it as a playable instrument - while it is playable, of course, if you don't mess it up.

I have seen some with set necks, but they aren't nearly as common as bolt-on necks. I did see a Rickenbacker-style kit once, though... they were sold out, of course, or I would have ordered one. Everybody builds their own Strat, who builds their own Ric?

Or if you want to build one yourself try picking up some parts from Warmouth guitar parts or even Stew Mac.

Carvin has a kit.......

If ya want a bolt on.........

You can build a Strat in 20 minutes........ (and it'll actually be a better guitar.......) Use Krylon to paint it..... Like Eddie Van Halen.....

Really......

Carvin has a kit.......

If ya want a bolt on.........

You can build a Strat in 20 minutes........ (and it'll actually be a better guitar.......) Use Krylon to paint it..... Like Eddie Van Halen.....

Really......

Oh yeah right I forgot about them. I've heard they make good stuff.

Just out of curiosity... what on earth would posess someone to gut, what appears to be, a perfectly good Gibson Electric bass? There appears to be no damage. You think someone needed the parts to repair a Rogue?

Secondly,

Where does one buy an electric guit tar kit? Do they also have amp kits? Heathkit, as far as I know, quit selling these decades ago.

http://store.guitarfetish.com/gukibuityo.html

they sometimes have some decent looking unfinished kits on there that you even have to shape the headstock so its not just a pieced together guitar puzzle!

havent tried one but i would def like to one day just for the experience. but then again fixing and refinishing my standard is giving me quite a bit too.

either that or check ebay for guitar kits, or even gibson projects they have alot on there sometimes of stripped gibsons that are reletively cheap!

Archived