Gibson Brands Forums

Severe tuning problem - please HEEELP!

Les Paulchen

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to say thanx for your help! I'm not a guitar tech and am just doing what they told me to do at Gibson - if they do not know, that "all Gibsons have a soft neck", than what can I say. The only thing I can say for sure, is that I am pretty disappointed with Gibson guitars - they just are (concerning manufacturing) not what the name promises.... ;-)

Anyway - as all others they too are just following the worlds strategy: profit, profit, profit....

A nice day to all of you,

LesPaulchen

Also I was at Gibson Greece with my guitar' date=' and guess what: the guitar has a very soft neck and must be replaced. [/quote']

I'd bet my last dollar there's nothing wrong with the neck. The kind of tuning problems you describe are classic nut problems. Lubing the nut helps but it needs the nut slots cut properly.

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to say thanx for your help! I'm not a guitar tech and am just doing what they told me to do at Gibson - if they do not know' date=' that "all Gibsons have a soft neck", than what can I say. The only thing I can say for sure, is that I am pretty disappointed with Gibson guitars - they just are (concerning manufacturing) not what the name promises.... ;-)

Anyway - as all others they too are just following the worlds strategy: profit, profit, profit....

A nice day to all of you,

LesPaulchen[/quote']

So, are you getting a new one?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

Just got back 3 days ago from a businesstrip and - there she was! My new Goldtop! They checked the old one last week and called me up to tell me it probably was a neck-manufacturing fault, and that they allready had sent me a new one!

Conclusion 1: aswell Gibsons can have a problem!

Conclusion 2: but if it is so, the service is great!!

Conclusion 3: sktn77a has lost all of its money!!!

Thanx though to all who didn't think I was to dumm to string my LP ;-)

Have a nice day,

LesPaulchen

I have a friend who works in a guitar shop that carries a lot of Gibson guitars. You'd be shocked how many of them they have to ship straight back so this story isn't all that surprising. They even get discounted stock in that has imperfections..... I'd always thought that Gibson policy was repair in-house before the guitar ships or stamp them USED and sell them on as fixer-uppers.

They are not the company they once were. For the amount you pay for a Gibson this sort of thing should not be an issue.

Archived