Gibson Brands Forums

Another GAS accident I fell off the truck again

retrosurfer1959

Well I had not purchased a new guitar since July 1st. I had done a few trades and moved some stock around but nothing new and I was trying to keep that record going but I failed I put a guitar on order tonight for shipment this week. A Trussart custom metal with Dragon engraving and the Arcane Pick Ups. should look and play great these are amazing one off guitars from a true custom shop.

Picture Aquisition Syndrome.

Gear/Guitar Aquisition Syndrome.

Stompbox Aquisition Syndrome (see gear above)

Amplifier Swap Syndrome. [-o< (I made that one up.)

Lack Of Funds Syndrome (a cure for all of the above, except P. A. S. and A.S.S.)

Wow-wee zowee!!!!! Did you post some pics of that a while back? I could swear I have seen some pics of that somewhere.

Your not supposed to remember all of them ok! Actually I have two other steel tops one is steel the other is copper this is a SteelDeville all metal hollow body but they look similar but you can see the others are a steel top only like a Zematis.

th_copperdragon.jpg

Cool guitar...how do they sound and play?

Hard to describe without sounding like a wine snob with terms like ringing harmonics and a colorful rich tone which I usually hate when people say about a guitar but the Trussart guitars have a different sound and it is extra harmonics and a deep rich colorful tone. The SteelDeville has a strong LP type tone and richness from the neck PU and the hollowbody doesn't really ring out until the bridge is brought into the mix, this new guitar also has the perforated (Holey) back, and the hand wound Arcane Pickups so it should be interesting to see what it brings to the table I'll let you know when it get's here. There a hard guitar to find the shop is a true handmade custom shop and they only turn out three or four hundred guitars a year from what I've heard so I haven't had a chance to try more than 5-6 of these but out of those I now own three (3) so they have something going for them.

Archived