Gibson Brands Forums

The guitar solo that REALLY sucks...

NeoConMan

There are some solos out there that just never should have been recorded.

I've started a thread like this several times and it's always interesting to see what pops up.

Listening to the radio in one of the offices at work, the "rock" station here in Phoenix was playing Eric Clapton.

Now, before all you Clapton worshippers go on the warpath - when's the last time you heard the live version of Cocaine?

Killer song, but the live version sounds like Clapton got completely lost and started hen-pecking on the strings.

Simply awful.

Some goofy synth effects in the song too.

Anyhow, that ranks right up there with Neil Young's Cinnamon Girl or Beastie Boy's Fight For Your Right.

What say you?

The solo for a couple of songs (first and last) in KISS's psycho circus labum, same solo for both songs, as if having it once wasnt bad enough. Just listen and you'll see what I mean... in the video of psycho circus the solo was welcomed by a flying V taking off and flying into space... maybe it was the guys telling ace to take his crap somewhere else :-

I challenge anybody to sit through the guitar solo on the live version of [ like a hurricane] by neil young without curling up in ball and wanting to die. It may be a classic but dam its nasty. I think its impossible , try it.

"Takin' Care Of Business" BTO... WTF? How did that ever get past ANYBODY? The freakin guitar was out of tune......

"Let It Be" George was far too good of a guitarist to let that tinny sounding Rosewood Tele, and his sloppy playing, get printed. Let's think? Who produced that album? =D>

Doesn't matter, I'm amazed Paul didn't go back in and fix it himself.

Sloppy, and bad tone.

Good drugs?

"Takin' Care Of Business" BTO... WTF? How did that ever get past ANYBODY? The freakin guitar was out of tune......

"Let It Be" George was far too good of a guitarist to let that tinny sounding Rosewood Tele' date=' and his sloppy playing, get printed. Let's think? Who produced that album? :-k

Doesn't matter, I'm amazed Paul didn't go back in and fix it himself.

Sloppy, and bad tone.

Good drugs?[/quote']

Which version are you talking about? The album version of Let It Be has one of the best solos, in my opinion. The single version, though, I don't even remember having a solo. If you're referring to the single, I agree... but the album? Never.

Yeah Blue Cheer Summertime blues sucks. I'm sure Eddie Cochran has rolled in grave a few times. Heck Brian Setzers version of Summertimes blues is better then Blue Cheers.

The only other one worse then is Grand Funck Railroad cover of Locomotion.

My band and I were driving to LA on the freeway and my friend wanted to listen to some of our jams so our drummer plays one. Everythings going well then BAM! Our other guitarist drops one of the worst sounding things I've ever heard a guitar play. It sucked so hard for about thirty seconds.

I'm laughing so hard right now just thinking about it.

The second it started we all laughed ourselves into tears. That solo was a tear-jerker in the worst way.

It really really sucked. It had the worst tone with the worst note selection and the worst "licks". Just thinking of him playing it and having it as his voice makes me really wonder what he was feeling when he played it. Probably something having to do with droppin a deuce.

Archived