Gibson Brands Forums

Thundergod's jackson

fast fret

Not a jackson (I recently got one of those too tho).

Charvel So Cal. Nice usa made guitar. The japanese Jackson feels more confy and sounds a little better tho. And the pickguard is a little rough' date=' I'll try to take some pics where it shows the rouge edge. [/quote']

Pretty..are you aiming for the best superstrats on the forum?

Not really... I just have newfound love for superstrats... my 2 strats rest in their cases as usual tho:-"

On the white jackson it's a white DK2m, dk stands for what was previously the dinky series and the M stands for maple as it sports an all maple neck (with maple fretboard). Seymour Duncan pickups and a licensed floyd rose that actually works great and has not given me any trouble.

It's made in japan by the way.

Very nice Thunder....

I love the colour of your So-Cal.

I too bought a Charvel. Great deal on an amazing guitar.

As you can see I got the San Dimas 1-2H model. It came all black, so I swapped everything for chrome and had

Zebra pups installed. I think it looks much better. I also upgraded the Tremolo to a Schaller Floyd Rose w/ a Tremol-No

system, that way I can have full float, dive only or hardtail...my choice.

Mine came with Duncans, I believe yours has Dimarzios?

Either way...

1/4 sawn maple neck, compound radius 12-16"

These were must have guitars in the 80's.

I guess we both got bit by the same retro bug!

CSD.jpg

You're picture has changed since last time i looked! I mean't the white superstrat you have.

Oh you meant this one=p~

DSC02835.jpg

Great guitar IMO, and unbeatable at that price, I did start a thread about it, but that was at the My Les Paul forums (mods, edit here or delete the whole thread if you feel like it:-"). I also posted lots of pics of her on my GAS losers social group over there, will probably have some pics of the charvel marvel by sunday uploaded in there too.

Very nice Thunder....

I love the colour of your So-Cal.

I too bought a Charvel. Great deal on an amazing guitar.

As you can see I got the San Dimas 1-2H model. It came all black' date=' so I swapped everything for chrome and had

Zebra pups installed. I think it looks much better. I also upgraded the Tremolo to a Schaller Floyd Rose w/ a Tremol-No

system, that way I can have full float, dive only or hardtail...my choice.

[/quote']

Great looking axe blue, I actually wanted one of those but my dealer only had so cals (the pickguard being the thing I dont quite like because of the edges). Good to see I'm not alone in this retro 80s shredstrat fever=p~

I also asked my jackson dealer for the price of the jackson san dimas (adrian smith signature) but it was way too expensive for a jackson (in my opinion).

Maybe it's time to nuke Tim's mailbox with superstrat pics, think we can get him to buy one? (or 2... or 3...):-

A few pics to stoke your super-strat fever, Thunder. I built this one a little more old school - think Van Halen 1... standard trem with a beefy block instead of a Floyd, one high-output humbucker, one volume knob, all black hardware, locking Sperzel tuners, and 22 medium jumbo frets. It scratches an itch that otherwise cannot be scratched. :-k

DSC_0002-2.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

A few pics to stoke your super-strat fever' date=' Thunder. I built this one a little more old school - think Van Halen 1... standard trem with a beefy block instead of a Floyd, one high-output humbucker, one volume knob, all black hardware, locking Sperzel tuners, and 22 medium jumbo frets. It scratches an itch that otherwise cannot be scratched. #-o

[img']http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk261/morettaj/DSC_0002-2.jpg[/img]

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

Surf that guitar looks sweet!. One pup and a volume knob. It doesnt get any better than that!

Oh you meant this one=p~

DSC02835.jpg

Great guitar IMO' date=' and unbeatable at that price, I did start a thread about it, but that was at the My Les Paul forums (mods, edit here or delete the whole thread if you feel like it:-"). I also posted lots of pics of her on my GAS losers social group over there, will probably have some pics of the charvel marvel by sunday uploaded in there too.[/quote']

I was wondering what guitar they had cloned to make my Vantage .... now I know.

They might look similar, but I don't imagine that the Vantage plays nearly as well....

in fact it's pretty crappy.

Why am I itching for a Vintage series 52 Tele ....?

IMG_0748.jpg

Archived