Gibson Brands Forums

Californiaman.... So how was it?

daveinspain

True Tone was Heavenly!!!

I only had 30 minutes in the store so I made the most out of it while I was there.

I played a black and gold Les Paul Custom with a Bigsby that weighed a ton, and a Firebird V through a Dr. Z Mazaratti 18. Dialing in the guitars was easy.

They were busy and some of their stuff was very pricy.

For instance the Gibson Les Paul Jr. Amplifier I bought for $375 was marked $999.00 The Firebird was $2,500 and the Custom in the fives if I remember correctly. They also had another Johnny A hanging right there in the entrance of the store. Walk in, look right up above the door leading into the other room and there it is.

I have to go back to Santa Monica in two weeks and will stop in again.

My review of the Alice In Chains performance is here:

The Busker

True Tone was Heavenly!!!

I only had 30 minutes in the store so I made the most out of it while I was there.

I played a black and gold Les Paul Custom with a Bigsby that weighed a ton' date=' and a Firebird V through a Dr. Z Mazaratti 18. Dialing in the guitars was easy.

They were busy and some of their stuff was very pricy.

For instance the Gibson Les Paul Jr. Amplifier I bought for $375 was marked $999.00 The Firebird was $2,500 and the Custom in the fives if I remember correctly. They also had another Johnny A hanging right there in the entrance of the store. Walk in, look right up above the door leading into the other room and there it is.

I have to go back to Santa Monica in two weeks and will stop in again.

My review of the Alice In Chains performance is here:

The Busker

My Johnny A was right up there on that same wall right next to the one you saw... That one has a stop bar... I looked at and played both of them. They both had monster tops and play beautifully. They both felt about the same too, which surprised me because I thought the one with the Bigsby would have felt much heavier but I couldn't feel much difference at all. In the end I chose the one with the Bigsby because it works really well and I didn't have any guitars with a Bigsby and I think it looks classy on that guitar. Funny, I don't like them at all on a Les paul...

View.jpg

TrueTone1.jpg

When I return to True Tone Music in two weeks. I will no doubt spend more time than 30 minutes. I will also be trying three guitars while I'm there. All of them Gibsons.

1. The Custom Shop Black Beauty. Those are my Gibson colors I guess. Check the avatar. Black and Gold is my style.

2. The Firebird V. Again, I just barely got my tone dialed in on this when my time was up. The meter was running. I did play enough of Bonnie Maronnie to like what I was hearing.

3. The 356 Semi-hollow. That's the more refined and elegant 335 model, isn't it? I saw one up on the wall.

I might take the Johnny A for a drive too. I plan to spend about an hour next time.

Archived