Gibson Brands Forums

Pyramid Classic Pure Nickel strings

Bluemoon

OK, I was using the Gibson Vintage for about six months. I liked them, but decided to try some other pure nickel strings. I put Snake Oil Brand on for about a month (the vintage round core ones). Wasn't very impressed. They seemed rather flat to me. Everyone says the hold up longer than Gibson. I think they had about the same lifespan. Then I tried the Pyramid Classic Nickels with the round core...which used to be more expensive than Vintage Reissue, but are now around the same price as Gibson just raised the price.

I put them on last night, so it is too early to tell. But so far I was really surprised by how good these strings feel and sound. Steps above the Vintage Reissue and Snake Oil brand. The notes really sing out and sound very full and warm. And they feel great...very silky. Easy to bend. I am loving them so far.

Who' date=' on line, is carrying said strings ?[/quote']

I think Elderly has them for the cheapest. There are two version. One with hex core and one with round. The Classics are the round core. It's an orange package. The green package is the hex core--I believe they are called Pyramid Max Performance.

Archived