Gibson Brands Forums

Roman Polanski - WTF?

NeoConMan

All of Hollywood is rallying behind Roman Polanski, and even a few politicians have spoken up.

What have we become?

Then I heard something today that made both laugh my *** off and pound my fist on my desk.

With all the nation tripping all over themselves to say Polanski's actions really weren't that bad....

Now's the time to confess.

Everybody.

If you've ever drugged and raped a 13 year old (anally so she wouldn't get pregnant and to throw the cops off)...

If you've ever commited a despicable sex crime involving children, animals, family members, whatever - fess up.

Maybe somebody will throw a party in your honor!

The way Polanski has been given a free pass by the Hollywood and media elite, now we should ALL join in!

He's being held up as in immense talent, somebody special, somebody above it all.

So every crooked cop, every sinning clergyman, every politician, every teacher, every pervert - SPEAK OUT!!!

What would have gotten you a bullet in the head in many circumstances is now no big deal.

Your pathetic, destructive carnal urges can be forgiven!!!!!

What the fxck.....?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neo,

you are indeed in rare form today.

Yes sir, I remember reading Cities in the Wilderness by Boorstin at the university.

Back during the early colonial days there was this kid who buggered a bunch of animals on the family farm.

They killed him and all the animals on the farm.

Didn't want no half sheep half man things being born.

Amazing.

I heard even the girl has forgiven him and wants to move on with her life.

Hey, she's forgiven him. Lets drop it now.:-

It's not up to her to 'forgive' the law.

She's ashamed.

Hardly an impartial, objective opinion.

Now Letterman joins the fray.

Ah, yes....

Anything for ratings, eh Dave?

David Letterman Reveals Extortion Plot and Confesses to Sex With Staffers

Letterman Tells Fans of Blackmail Scandal During Thursday Night Show

David Letterman told the audience of his late night talk show that he had sexual relationships with female members of his staff, adding that he'd forked over a bogus $2 million check as part of an extortion plot on the matter.

Letterman, 62, made the confessions to the audience during a taping of "The Late Show" for broadcast Thursday night, according to a statement by Worldwide Pants Inc., Letterman's production company.

"This morning, I did something I've never done in my life," Letterman told his audience. "I had to go downtown and testify before a grand jury."

Letterman revealed to the studio audience that he received a package three weeks ago containing a threat to reveal those indiscretions "if Letterman did not pay the individual a large sum of money" -- specified in a later communication as $2 million.

He said that the package contained a letter that said, " I know that you do some terrible terrible things and I can prove that you do these terrible things ... and sure enough what was contained in the package was proof that I do terrible, terrible things." The audience, most likely waiting for the punchline that never came, laughed nervously along as he went on to describe how he called his attorney and then set up a meeting with his blackmailer.

The plotter told Letterman that he wanted to write a screenplay about him that included sordid details of the talk show host's life.

At a second meeting, Letterman, with the assistance of the Manhattan District Attorney's Office, handed the blackmailer a phony $2 million check. It was then that the extortionist revealed he also planned to write a book about Letterman's life, also revealing details of his past sexual infidelities.

CBS Employee Pleads Not Guilty In Letterman Plot

NEW YORK (AP) - A CBS News employee pleaded not guilty Friday to trying to blackmail David Letterman for $2 million in a plot that spurred the TV host to acknowledge sexual relationships with women who worked on his show.

Robert J. "Joe" Halderman, a producer for the true-crime show "48 Hours," entered the plea in a Manhattan court as he was arraigned on one count of attempted first-degree grand larceny, punishable by five to 15 years upon conviction. Bail was set at $200,000.

Assistant District Attorney Judy Salwen told the judge Halderman was in debt, but did not elaborate. "The evidence is compelling," she said. "It shows the defendant is desperate, and he is capable of doing anything."

The prosecutor said Halderman gave the talk show host a package of materials that "contained clear, explicit and actual threats that indicate this defendant (wanted to) destroy the reputation of Mr. Letterman and to submit him and his family to humiliation and ridicule."

Halderman, hands cuffed behind his back, stared at the floor during most of the hearing and said only, "not guilty."

His lawyer, Gerald Shargel, said Halderman worked at CBS for 27 years and had no prior criminal record. He described him as an involved father, who coached soccer, baseball and football for his two children, ages 11 and 18.

"This story is far more complicated than what you heard this afternoon," Shargel said outside of court, but he would not elaborate.

Documents filed in Stamford Superior Court in Connecticut show that Halderman, of Norwalk, was required to pay about $6,800 a month in child and spousal support to his ex-wife.

Prosecutors say Halderman demanded $2 million last month in exchange for not releasing information that would ruin Letterman's reputation. Letterman told his viewers Thursday that the threat concerned sexual liaisons with female staffers.

Authorities say the plot prompted a sting operation at a New York hotel, with Letterman's lawyer secretly recording Halderman's threats.

You got charges pending?

Go get 'im.

Look, I don't really blame Letterman.

If I was a single man with that much money and influence, I'm sure I would be a connoiseur of women.

To expect it to stay secret is dumb.

With enough money involved anything is possible within the human spirit - including the lapse of character.

Neo

I have just had it with liberal nuts in Hollywood. I quit going to movies a long time ago when I saw which way Hollywood leans. This proves I've made the right choice.

CW

why are liberals nuts? Can you explain to me

Cheers

Matt

no charges but maybe there should be.

File them.

I'm talking about law and order' date=' as opposed to blindly-supported anarchy.

How many of those Hollywood idiots would offer up [i']their own[/i] 13 year old daughter?

i'll see polanski in hell.

I don't even want to know how you would qualify that statement.

not to excuse Polanski for the crimes which he admitted to....

but i don't think it is exaggerating to say, that he must have suffered considerable post tramatic stress following the brutal murder of his wife and unborn child and friends at the hands of Charles Manson's crew of lunatics. that would be enough to send most people to the looney bin and drive them to drink, drugs and god knows what to forget that horror.

according to U.S. Dept of Justice statistics over 1 million women file criminal charges after being raped in America every year. do you think the police are equally diligent in tracking down all of those criminals and bringing them to justice....even after 30 years?

of course the other sad story is that for the average sex offender, the punishment for a first time offence is pretty lenient.

it probably worse....

Or better depending on your opinion better.=D>/

In the UK we have differences of opinion with politics, but don't have slang like nut jobs LMAO, it always makes me chuckle that phrase. Why is someone a nut just because they have a difference of opinion...

Matt

Or better depending on your opinion better.=D>/

In the UK we have differences of opinion with politics' date=' but don't have slang like nut jobs LMAO, it always makes me chuckle that phrase. Why is someone a nut just because they have a difference of opinion...

Matt

[/quote']

because americans think they are superior to everyone. and if we agree on that, then we have to be superior to each other.

There are differences of opinion' date=' then there are opinions beyond the borders of taste, logic and sanity.[/quote']

and then there is being opinionated to the point of being bigoted?

In the UK we have a party called the BNP that is constantly being put down by people/the press etc. It is a nationalistic party that I don't not agree with. However we live in a democracy, and it annoys me that they are not given a more even handed presentation.

I just hate people telling me what to think in the newspapers and internet forums too LOL.

Matt

Archived