Gibson Brands Forums

David Letterman

deepblue

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dave has, in my time watching him, always been very upfront when he's made a mistake. He admitted he was wrong a few weeks (months?) ago when he made a joke that every misinterpreted, and he made his announcement last night.

I missed him, last night, unfortunately.

I'm not saying what he did was a mistake - it's his own business, and as a single man (he wasn't married until a few months ago), I don't think it's fair to call them "affairs."

Bosses having sex with employees can be considered sexual harassment in the workplace. I say he's lost a lot of credibility.

If that happened in most businesses he would be fired........ Don't dip your stamp in the companys inkwell

How much credibility does it take to host a Late Night talk show. Not like he's a Senator or a School Teacher.

And who's to say the women didn't approach first. They're not crying Sexual Harassment, so I'd say that's Mutual Consent between adults and nobodies business.

He should be punished.

He killed two birds with one stone by admitting it. He salvaged a small bit of his reputation while basically diffusing any further actions from the people blackmailing him. Now they are facing charges too. He should be punished also but I applaud his strategy.

He should be punished.

He killed two birds with one stone by admitting it. He salvaged a small bit of his reputation while basically diffusing any further actions from the people blackmailing him. Now they are facing charges too. He should be punished also but I applaud his strategy.

What should he be punished for? Having Old People Sex?

Palin wouldn't be in Chicago...

:D/

Letterman has fought many such battles over the years due to his celebrity status.

One female stalker in particular haunted him for years.

Funny as hell.

Especially when you consider that these celebrities can NOT defend themselves in any way without derision.

Palin wouldn't be in Chicago...

[-o</

Letterman has fought many such battles over the years due to his celebrity status.

One female stalker in particular haunted him for years.

Funny as hell.

Especially when you consider that these celebrities can NOT defend themselves in any way without derision.

I thought she might be here to celebrate our Olympic victory. Oh wait.

Who new Micheal Jordan would have been the one to know to stay away from Copenhagen.

This is my best day as a Chicagoan.

There is nothing funnier then total failure.

Depends.

Workplace sex can be a career crusher and limit your freedom for sure nowadays...

Only if it harassment. Consenting Adults can Go To It. There's no law against "Workplace Sex" that I know of. If they were Harassed, it's up to them to come forward. Otherwise, it wasn't even Infidelity, just Old People Sex.

That's awfully naive.

Once in court, the facts don't matter.

Whatever she says goes....

Same as consensual sex is then prosecuted as rape, complete with DNA proof.

Happens more than most people care to admit.

When I was single, that's but one of many reasons I avoided going to a woman's house until I knew her better.

If she came to my house, it would be tougher for her to show any hostile intent on my part or victim status on hers.

I'd rather be Naive than Paranoid.

There's really not that many Woman Predators out there just waiting to accuse a man of rape. There has to be more than the word of a Jilted Lover to put a guy behind bars. There has to be signs of a struggle.

It's not like I've never had sex at a womans house, or even on the back seat of a car or that matter. Never once have I been accused of Rape.

Archived