Gibson Brands Forums

If it's too good to be true? It probably is.............

oo0paddyc0oo

Man those things are fake.. stay away from them.

Did I say those things are fake and to stay away from them?[laugh]

Just in case you didn't get it the first time mate. It's a fake. Just from what I can see of the head stock/inlays...fake.

The price' date='even in US$ is still way under what it should be if it were real.

And the ol' Western Union Money swindle...[lol Spare me.

STAY AWAY my fellow Aussie from "down under" before you're "done over". Sorry had to put that in,couldn't help myself:-"

One dead give away.

The grammar.

I don't even need to see the pics.

People tell me I'm crazy, but I've been right about this too many times.

On Ebay, I won't even consider buying from somebody who can't compose a message properly.

It's the FIRST hint that English is not their first language.

And if it is their first language, it's the first hint that they are a ******.

Either way, they won't see a penny from me.

Let me borrow Mrs. Neo's 1st grade teacher hat and peruse the email this guy sent.

I count at least 10 strikes against 'em, especially with the random caps and odd spaces....

Hello Patrick' date='

The NEW 2008 Gibson ES-335 Vintage Burst(ORIGINAL USA) Guitar is available in brand new box with manuals,certificate and accessories.It is Original made in USA with last long warranty with hardcase.

2008 Gibson ES-335 Vintage Burst------------->> $950 USD

Shipping cost ------->> $80 USD

Total Cost----------->> $1030 USD

Why we are selling cheap is that we are having our annual sales promo of 30% discount off on any Gibson guitar been bought from us.

Payment is by International Money Transfer(Western Union) for fast shipment and to avoid delays in delivery.

Your order will be shipped out through FEDEX COURIER SERVICE and it will take the shipping company 48 hours to deliver your order right at your doorstep and we accept payment through wire transfer Western Union Only.

Immediately your package is been shipped out i will get back to you with the full shipping informations such as:

INVOICE

AIRWAY BILL

TRACKING NUMBER

This shipping informations will enable you to trace your package and make you confirm when your package will arrive your House Address.

Send us your full shipping address including your phone number for we to proceed on your order purchase and deliver.

Awaits your quick reply...

Bst Regards,

N.B: We are located in the Uk,all guitars bought will be shipped to your address by FedEx courier same day after your payment has been confirmed.

Darren Hallford

Sales Director

MUSIC EXPRESS LIMITED

52 Northgate Alconbury Airfield,

Huntingdon,

Cambridgeshire,

PE28 4EX. UK

TEL : +44 (0)702 406 6877

FAX : +44 (0)870 495 5814

E-MAIL : musicalessentials@hotmail.com

Why is the item described as (ORIGINAL USA) when Gibson doesn't even call it that?

So, where's the factory hard case if it is available in brand new box? Curious wording.

Ever wonder if a REAL 335 comes with manuals,certificate and accessories? None of My Gibsons did.

It is Original made in USA with last long warranty with hardcase. Ah, there's the case...

Original? Originally?

Last long warranty? How long? Lifetime maybe? If it's a Gibson, it's not referred to as a "last long" warranty.

30% discount off on?

guitar (that has) been bought

Western Union is so you'll never find them and will have absolutely no recourse.

In the age of the internet, Western Union is sadly pretty much for criminal enterprise only.

This shipping informations, make you confirm... Huh?

for we to proceed on your order purchase and deliver... Huh?

Awaits your quick reply...

Awaiting maybe?

Musical Essentials is a name I've seen many times regarding the marketing of fake products in the USA.

Not just guitars, they proudly boast they can produce just about anything you can imagine.

If the website is a bit dodgy looking as well, and at this stage you're voting that we were all wrong and it

is legit, please get back to us with the results of your little risk-taking adventure.

$800.00 USD for a 335.....crazy!!!!

If you can find ANY 335 for $800, you can bet your testes that there's something wrong with it.

How did it all work out?

Does anyone live in the UK here? If so could you give them a ring to get the lowdown.

If you are willing to drop $800 for a guitar you think might be iffy spend a couple dollars on a phone call... You are just a long distance phone call away from not getting ripped off. if you do get them on the phone tell them you want a photo of the guitar with the case open and a banana on top of the guitar. If they are legit they will have no problem doing what ever kind of photo you ask for. If they do send you the photo of the guitar with the banana at least you know they really have the guitar.

Personally I would stay away from this... Has scam written all over it!!

One dead give away.

The grammar.

I don't even need to see the pics.

People tell me I'm crazy' date=' but I've been right about this too many times.

On Ebay, I won't even consider buying from somebody who can't compose a message properly.

It's the FIRST hint that English is not their first language.

And if it is their first language, it's the first hint that they are a ******.

[/quote']

+100000

:)

$800.00 USD for a 335.....crazy!!!!

If you can find ANY 335 for $800' date=' you can bet your testes that there's something wrong with it.

How did it all work out?[/quote']

Neo you forgot 1 thing (and I was hoping to see it in there)

"$800 USD for a $250 USD guitar?" :)

Archived