Gibson Brands Forums

Jimmy Page Custom Shop Black Beauty Marketing

Archer993

Gibson finally put up ONE page on the new Jimmy Page Black Beauty Signature model.

The Slash signature guitars seem to have VOLUMES written/published including videos, interviews, contests, and on and on.

My original suspicions were that the Jimmy Page Signature was a product totally driven by the Guitar Center conglomerate - Musics 123, Musician's Friend, etc. I now think that is entirely true. Gibson did almost nothing to market The new Jimmy Page guitar.

What do you guys think? Did any other Gibson dealer get a Black Beauty from Gibson or did they have to go out on the market and buy a used one or what?

This, of course, is all academic but it is an interesting view into the power of Guitar Center and how they can influence consumer choice and Gibson.

I talked to two dealers before getting mine. Both dealers have nothing to do with Guitar Center. They got theirs directly from Gibson.

Since they were all sold out within a few weeks, why would Gibson need to spend money on advertising?

I talked to two dealers before getting mine. Both dealers have nothing to do with Guitar Center. They got theirs directly from Gibson.

Since they were all sold out within a few weeks' date=' why would Gibson need to spend money on advertising? [/quote']

Yeah, first they were all sold out BUT then I got 3 emails this week from GC and MF saying they are back in stock. So it appears that they are not sold out. It could have been a "planned SOLD OUT" at first so that when the emails went out this week the demand would be there.

So it's just an allotment thing, with the GC companies getting the lion's share. Makes sense.

Why spend money on advertising? That's a long and technical answer that I will spare everyone from including myself ;-)

Yeah' date=' first they were all sold out BUT then I got 3 emails this week from GC and MF saying they are back in stock. So it appears that they are not sold out. It could have been a "planned SOLD OUT" at first so that when the emails went out this week the demand would be there.

So it's just an allotment thing, with the GC companies getting the lion's share. Makes sense.

Why spend money on advertising? That's a long and technical answer that I will spare everyone from including myself ;-)[/quote']

MF doesn't have any. Sorry to tell you but there is no conspiracy here. I'll bet GC did not get the lion's share. One local GC always gets the new guitars like the Page double neck, and Page signature. They didn't get a custom. If GC got most, they would have been able to get one but they weren't able to.

ORION:

Actually, they, GC did get the lion's share. In fact the salesmen in the MA and CT stores were bragging about it to me. They gave me actual numbers. MF online gave me actual numbers. They knew what serial numbers they were going to get. The emails I got from GC and MF were false you think? They actually don't have any you think? When I bought mine I had to PREPAY for it. None were in the stores and I was told wouldn't be by 3 different store managers. They had to be ordered and prepaid for by a customer - like me. Conspiracy? No. Planned strategy, Yes. Pretty smart. They are good retailers.

Where did you get yours? Did you have to prepay? How do you like it? Just curious.

A GC worker named Jeromy in San Diego worked very hard to make sure I got the JP Stop Tail #002. Page kept 001. I payed 21k for it and know for a fact that soon it will bring more. Also have a BB with Bigsby that I will never sell. People can say what they want about them costing to much but I know guitar investments. Lets say there is a wheelchair tour that page goes on. That will up the value. If page for some sad reason died,,,, well just think what it would be worth. I only played the 002 for a couple minutes but it is better than the BB with Bigsby but still my keeper is sweet.

A GC worker named Jeromy in San Diego worked very hard to make sure I got the JP Stop Tail #002. Page kept 001. I payed 21k for it and know for a fact that soon it will bring more. Also have a BB with Bigsby that I will never sell. People can say what they want about them costing to much but I know guitar investments. Lets say there is a wheelchair tour that page goes on. That will up the value. If page for some sad reason died' date=',,, well just think what it would be worth. I only played the 002 for a couple minutes but it is better than the BB with Bigsby but still my keeper is sweet.

I am open to offers for the 002.[/quote']

The most I've seen these sell for is $9,000. So, I'd say your in the hole by $12,000. I love my JPC but I don't think they'll be worth more than the signatures.

This is a signature with the papers. I haven't seen any for sale yet. If I had to though I would hold it until the value was up there. I have seen the non signatures for around 7k but not selling yet.

A GC worker named Jeromy in San Diego worked very hard to make sure I got the JP Stop Tail #002. Page kept 001. I payed 21k for it and know for a fact that soon it will bring more. Also have a BB with Bigsby that I will never sell. People can say what they want about them costing to much but I know guitar investments. Lets say there is a wheelchair tour that page goes on. That will up the value. If page for some sad reason died' date=',,, well just think what it would be worth. I only played the 002 for a couple minutes but it is better than the BB with Bigsby but still my keeper is sweet.

I am open to offers for the 002.[/quote']

Great that you got #2. Page is the best!

Archived