Gibson Brands Forums

TWilson ....... the Forum's loss

Johnt

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just an update instead of just saying bump.

His phone line doesn't work, no response to emails.

About 6 days ago I emailed his local music store where the old heretic had been interested in a slothead Recording King.

I emailed them back today as I have heard nothing.

We search on.

Terry is not the sort to skulk off.

Is there anyone on the forum who could get to Corvallis Oregon?

We have his address courtesy of Guitarstrummer Thanks Mike!

Short of that I will call the music store from the UK on Monday

Send one up for TW please all!"

BR

John

TWilson last post - Sunday Jun 14 09 7:51 PM

So I trawled 1st June to 15th October in the local News Papers.

Took a while with the E.E.Wilson rec area and Wilson River, and the footballer James, and Wilson school and Wilson's Ford dealers and all..... and not forgetting ol' Joe Wilson the heckler. Man, there's a mess o' Wilson's thereabouts. But none is our man.

Let's hope no news is good news.....

We have made arrangements for someone (who may not want to be identified) to send out a letter in the snail mail addressed to his home address. I think he said he was going to send it on Tuesday October 13. It is asking whomever is answering/collecting Terry's mail to please email me. If there's any developments I'll let you know. Maybe he's just moving to a new place and isn't set up yet. I sure hope so.

Thanks for all the footwork, Nik. That's a bit of a relief in the interim.

No no' date=' John, it was Moose who loved Loretta and Terry loved Emmylou, remember?

I think there's a 1950's song in there somewhere......

I'm just going to keep emailing him til he answers just to shut me up :-D

[/quote']

Thinking about it GG?

Where is Moose?

Ditto Gearbasher?

Ditto Guitarstrummer ( Mike I know you "lurk" but there's hole where you were)

Ballcorner announced his departure ( Miss you Will You daft *****************)

Hey guys Nostalgia really isn't what it used to be!!!

But all joking aside,and much as I'd love to see the above back

I am getting worried about TW?

For those who never met him IMHO........... he'd never have left without saying goodbye and I'd like to think he'd thrown an insult in my and AJs direction

Ride straight Kimosabe!!!

I suspect that Emmy-Lou Harris has finally succumbed to his silver beard and his Brit bashing wit, and they have retired together under assumed names (Ethel and Theopholus Mason-Dixon) to a secluded lodge somewhere in the Rockies. Since there is limited internet access up there, he's taking a break from us.

ELH vs Gibson Forum?

As you say so succinctly over the water "You do the math(s)!"

We'll find him, he does not get away that easily.

I've had a surf around the local newspaper sites and as Nik rightly says "No news is good news".

And thanks Flight. Let's hope your man can uncover something.

I suspect that Emmy-Lou Harris has finally succumbed to his silver beard and his Brit bashing wit' date=' and they have retired together under assumed names (Ethel and Theopholus Mason-Dixon) to a secluded lodge somewhere in the Rockies. Since there is limited internet access up there, he's taking a break from us.

ELH vs Gibson Forum?

As you say so succinctly over the water [b']"You do the math(s)!"[/b]

We'll find him, he does not get away that easily.

I've had a surf around the local newspaper sites and as Nik rightly says "No news is good news".

And thanks Flight. Let's hope your man can uncover something.

We might take a hint from his assumed name. I'm thinking somewhere in the middle of, not the Rockies, but the Ozarks. Osage Beach maybe? I heard someone named Theopholus was planning to resurrect Lee Mace's Ozark Opry.

OK

I tried to call the nusic shop in Corvallis where he lives.

Got forwarded to voicemail and didn't leave a message as they wouldn't ring me back any more than they've replied to three emails I have sent.

If any kind person across your side would care to call them the number is here

http://www.fingerboardextension.com/pages/store.html

And this is the nice polite ( british) email I sent them on 11th October.

My name is John Turner and I am an active member of the Gibson Acoustic forum

http://forums.gibson.com/Default.aspx?g=topics&f=42

My reason for contacting you is that I believe you may know a chap by the name of Terry Wilson Terry told me that he was recently talking to you about a slot head Recording King,

There's a number of us on the forum that are very worried about Terry, who goes by TWilson on the Gibson forum. We have emailed him but no reply. He is a long time member who would not leave without giving an explanation. A number of us email with him regularly. He is not responding to emails. He just recently had some major surgery and that's when he disappeared, so we're seriously wondering if he's okay.

Again I am sorry to involve you but we would be most grateful for your help and any information you can give to us

Many Thanks

John...

That seems to be a very well worded and friendly request. Hopefully they will find the time to respond to it. Here is hoping Terry gets word to someone soon.....

Yes Paul I thought so ( and far too literate for me)

I cribbed it from an email Karen sent to "an interested party"

Archived