Gibson Brands Forums

Vox Night Train

Silenced Fred

I am really liking this amp, and will probably go try it out a little this weekend

How do you guys like it?

I have to say, if I was going to base it off of this "ad" by Vox, I wouldn't get it #-o

This guy just seems like a total tool and all the effects they put on the vid is pretty trippy

you gotta play it yourself...

the vids I've seen on it are too high gain for me... but again I have to try it to see if I can get me some good cleans outta it.

am I right TG? (I dont think that I am)

I know I have to play it, but so far from what I have seen, I like what I see (or hear actually) :D/

You can get some pretty good cleans out of it, I have kinda played on one before but never really put into consideration

I like the Vox chimey-ness on the cleans, I have kinda found a way to do it on my amp, but not really

Hopefully I can scrape together the funds for it soon, or hope for Christmas #-o

you gotta play it yourself...

the vids I've seen on it are too high gain for me... but again I have to try it to see if I can get me some good cleans outta it.

am I right TG? (I dont think that I am)

You can get some good cleans out of it, I managed to get some AC30 like tones, but not at the volume level my AC puts out, still great for home use, for gigs you'll need to mic it up unless you plan on using it cranked.

Oh God' date=' I couldn't agree more, is that like a prerequisite, too be a ******?[/quote']

I dunno. I guess it's a multi-levelled generation gap at work. They company wants someone who is down with it and cool, so they find these cats and make them put the act on, and it just doesn't work. And even if it did work, a lot of consumers, like me, are old and would still hate these guys image.

As a whole, a lot of these types of sound clips and demo videos on official sites are just like crap to me. Either they demo the product with what seems like really useless settings in any real life setting in a song or such (effects units in particular), record the demo of their amp that costs as much as a decent used car through some cheap *** microphone bought at radio shack, operated by a guy who has no ****ing clue on how to record, and often played through by someone who appears to have no idea on how to play in a certain amp setting. To sum it up, a lot of demoes on official sites makes me wonder if they actually want to sell the product at all.

I really like mine also and I like it even more with the cab that matches it that was finally delivered yesterday great tone and looks and the speaker cab brings out a lot of the Vox tone that I felt it might be missing at first. If you have not seen the cab it'a a 1x12 with a 25 watt Celestion Greenback speaker.

Anyone hear own both the Vox Night Train and the Egnater Rebel? That's a comparison I'd like to hear. I have tired the Night Train in music stores and I liked the clean, but felt my Orange Tiny Terror had better overdrive sounds. I didn't feel like the Vox AC magic was really there. Don't get me wrong - sounded good - just not amazing.

Anyone hear own both the Vox Night Train and the Egnater Rebel? That's a comparison I'd like to hear. I have tired the Night Train in music stores and I liked the clean' date=' but felt my Orange Tiny Terror had better overdrive sounds. I didn't feel like the Vox AC magic was really there. Don't get me wrong - sounded good - just not amazing. [/quote']

I have to say I agree with you

I'm not sure what it is, my ear, or just my wallet, but it isn't amazing. It's a great amp, but it doesn't have whatever it is that makes it amazing

Don't get me wrong, I want to get one, bad, but I am still keeping an open mind as, being 17, money isn't the easiest to come by

Anyone hear own both the Vox Night Train and the Egnater Rebel? That's a comparison I'd like to hear. I have tired the Night Train in music stores and I liked the clean' date=' but felt my Orange Tiny Terror had better overdrive sounds. I didn't feel like the Vox AC magic was really there. Don't get me wrong - sounded good - just not amazing. [/quote']

Yep I own them both - Overall if I had to choose one I'd take the rebel I like the different tube mix and the power adjustment is great I still think the rebel is one of the most flexible and best sounding small amps that are not boutique made. The Night train was a fun amp but honestly I wasn't all that impressed until yesterday when the matching cab showed up it sounded good but nothing amazing. Add the matching cab and it comes alive with a true Vox tone the slotted 3/4 back and the 25 watt Celestion Greenback really have the Vox tone and the clean tone is amazing. Im not getting rid of the Marshall 18 watt (74) anytime soon but the two Blackhearts and the Epi are on the shortlist for sale as with the Rebel and the Night Train the Killer Ant and the Handsome Devil won't get much play and the Epi hasn't been turned on in a few months now.

th_vox-v112nt-front-right-v2-resized-4.jpg

Yep I own them both - Overall if I had to choose one I'd take the rebel I like the different tube mix and the power adjustment is great I still think the rebel is one of the most flexible and best sounding small amps that are not boutique made.

Thought you owned them both - I was hoping you'd post a comparison. Thanks for doing so.

Add the matching cab and it comes alive with a true Vox tone the slotted 3/4 back and the 25 watt Celestion Greenback really have the Vox tone and the clean tone is amazing.

Amazing how much difference a speaker makes!

Im not getting rid of the Marshall 18 watt (74) anytime soon

Make sure you give me a holler when you do! [-o<

but the two Blackhearts and the Epi are on the shortlist for sale ...

Yep -my VJs and Blackheart are long gone. I did keep the 1-10 Blackheart cab. The Eminence in it sounds great with my Orange Tiny Terror and that makes great portable rig when I don't need or want to haul a bigger cab.

Archived