Gibson Brands Forums

October is a bad month for me

Tim Plains

I just realized something - October is a bad month for me.

October 2007, I bought an SG Standard & LP Standard.

October 2008, I bought an R6, SG VOS & Stratocaster.

October 2009, I bought a Traditional and I'm getting a Firebird.

Could October be G.A.S. month? ](*,)

^ Good question, I have no clue right now.

I definitely won't go the humbucker route but if I do make any changes, I'll start with the pots & caps.

RS Guitar is having a sale next month and I already plan on ordering a few parts for my Trad.

I might as well add on a few parts for the Bird since I'm already paying for shipping & possibly a brokerage fee.

Happy birthday! My wife's birthday is also this month. Maybe I'll get her a guitar. lol

Happy birthday! My wife's birthday is also this month. Maybe I'll get her a guitar. lol

Nice! Every Libra deserves a Gibson or two.

Hey, the baby is due any day. Maybe I can buy him one too. Think the wife would by that .... hmmmmm... Maybe I can wait a month or two and find a Trad made on his birthday..... =D>

October 2007' date=' I bought an SG Standard & LP Standard.

Could October be G.A.S. month? =D> [/quote']

My record for Octobers...

Back surgery '92

Eye surgery 2004

Eye surgery 2005

Back surgery 2006

Knee surgery 2008

Love the October weather, though that is when we get our "permanent" winter snow, but my health balks badly in October...

Back surgery '92

Eye surgery 2004

Eye surgery 2005

Back surgery 2006

Knee surgery 2008

Love the October weather' date=' though that is when we get our "permanent" winter snow, but my health balks badly in October...[/quote']

Wow. Your Octobers are way worse than Tim's! Hope you have a healthy one this year.

^ Good question' date=' I have no clue right now.

I definitely won't go the humbucker route but if I do make any changes, I'll start with the pots & caps.

RS Guitar is having a sale next month and I already plan on ordering a few parts for my Trad.

I might as well add on a few parts for the Bird since I'm already paying for shipping & possibly a brokerage fee.

Happy birthday! My wife's birthday is also this month. Maybe I'll get her a guitar. lol[/quote']

Get her a bass!

Wow. Your Octobers are way worse than Tim's! Hope you have a healthy one this year.

I'm sure I will, since knee surgery last year, I haven't been able to mess myself up very much this year...

Thanks for the well-wishes. I agree that Tim's are a bit more suspensful, than mine. Mine might be a bit more painful, if only physical...

Either it will turn out all right, or it won't...

Hmm it appears we might have a different meaning of the word "Bad"

September (this last one) was a bad month. I work for myself so if I sit around I don't get paid' date=' I do networks and support for small businesses. On Tuesday I received a email from a client telling me a past invoice and current can not be paid and they are going out of business. On Wednesday I worked on site for a few hours and billed out a customer while I was there, I bill most clients once a month. When I get home after being at that office all afternoon I get a email from them telling me they can't afford to pay me either. Friday all my invoices came due and my bank account is allot smaller due to those two clients but my money going out to pay my bills are still the same.

[/quote']

I am self employed also so I hear ya there, too bad there is not an easy way for you to disable their network

and have a popup asking them to make good on the bill if they would like to use their machines......prolly get sued though.

October 2007' date=' I bought an SG Standard & LP Standard.

Could October be G.A.S. month? :D [/quote']

Tim, if October is a bad month for you, can you tell us more about your good months...and like always, pics please](*,)

Oh come on, it's a bloody joke. lol

There's a 12 month no interest deal up here every October and it just adds fuel to the fire.

G.A.S. takes over and the next thing I know I have two to three new guitars.

Take a $2,400 guitar, for example. It's much easier to come up with $200/month than $2,400 all at once.

The 'bad' part about it is that you don't fell like you're spending the $3,000...or in my case, around $7,000.

See what I mean by bad? lol

Back surgery '92

Eye surgery 2004

Eye surgery 2005

Back surgery 2006

Knee surgery 2008

You win

Archived