Gibson Brands Forums

Zeppelin VS Guns n' Roses

Slashfan#1

its been well documented the reason we have GnR is because of zeppeln, thin lizzy and elton john

alot of people say i remind them of slash (who like myself is a jimmy page wannabe

in my eyes the mighty zepp has to be better, because w/o zepp, there s no GnR

but still zep is better, but GnR is awesomer (what ever that means)

haha

never cared too much for zeppelin, i really liked guns n roses back in the 80s and 90s, now they suck, and velvet revolver hasnt reached the supermegafamous band status yet...

i guess if you ask anyone, they will say zeppelin is more important, and it is. but asking which one people likes most is like asking if green is better than blue...

i vote gnr just because i don like zeppelin at all, but if you ask me about the best band ever, i woyld have to go with queen. Bets guitar player ever? Brian may... And please dont argue on this one! Is there any other guitar player that built his signature guitar before being a super rockstar, actually uses his signature guitar, and plays like you couldnt even dream of? (listen to "a night at the opera"... yeah those are all guitars). Oh and he can fly a space shuttle too and has had papers published by the royal astronomical society, and has an astrophysics degree. I tell you, if somebody is qualified to take over the wolrd, its this guy.

in my eyes the mighty zepp has to be better' date=' because w/o zepp, there s no GnR

haha[/quote']

so, is homo habilis better than us? without him we wouldn be here today! ok now ill go to sleep before one of you kick me out of here...

I am going to resist attaching myself to silly direction this thread has taken...............................Opps I already did.

BTW, I am not a huge fan of either band, but both have to be credited with reshaping the musical directions of their time.

Who is this Slash person I keep hearing about?

I here he is pretty good. Has he been playing piano long? Someone in an earlier post mentioned Elton John' date='

this Slash guy isn't [i']that [/i]good is he? Why doesn't he play in a band if he is as good as I hear?

No, he's not a musician. I heard he's a groupie ](*,)

never cared too much for zeppelin' date=' i really liked guns n roses back in the 80s and 90s, now they suck, and velvet revolver hasnt reached the supermegafamous band status yet...

i guess if you ask anyone, they will say zeppelin is more important, and it is. but asking which one people likes most is like asking if green is better than blue...

i vote gnr just because i don like zeppelin at all, but if you ask me about the best band ever, i woyld have to go with queen. Bets guitar player ever? Brian may... And please dont argue on this one! Is there any other guitar player that built his signature guitar before being a super rockstar, actually uses his signature guitar, and plays like you couldnt even dream of? (listen to "a night at the opera"... yeah those are all guitars). Oh and he can fly a space shuttle too and has had papers published by the royal astronomical society, and has an astrophysics degree. I tell you, if somebody is qualified to take over the wolrd, its this guy.[/quote']

Actually Jeff Beck built his first guitar.

No, I never struggled with who is better. I almost can't even stand looking at Slash. But that's just because I'm from the Jimmy Page generation minus about 10 years.

Who is this Slash person I keep hearing about?

I here he is pretty good. Has he been playing piano long? Someone in an earlier post mentioned Elton John' date='

this Slash guy isn't [i']that [/i]good is he? Why doesn't he play in a band if he is as good as I hear?

Just got this from www.frikipedia.es it was in spanish so ill translate...

slash was a poor little kid that didnt like his name so hi changed it to "/", he was born somewhere around england, his parents worked their asses off to buy him guitars, that he just collected, as he didnt know how to play.

After some years and lots of guitars, his parents had no money left, so he left them and went to live with his grandmother, who had influences such as ac/dc, zeppelin, kiss, black sabbath, and more.

He decided to spend lots of hours learning to play guitar, 12 hours a day, but still he sucked. Then one day he made friends withi chuck norris and angus young (some say they never met but actually he dreamt it as they would never even look at the mophead) and from that day he could play guitar.

After years of playing in his room solo, he decided to go and form a band, the bands name was slash n roses, and consisted in slash and axl rose, so why "rose" was put in plural is anyones guess.

They played some clubs and gave some free shows in hopes people would get to know them, as it never happened Rose got tired of slash robbing him the spotlight and decided to "let him go". After kicking him out, rose realized for his horror that it was he people hated.

Slash formed a couple more bands after guns and roses, but people never hated the new singers more than rose.

His addiction to jack daniels has made him do stupid shameful things like recording (and playing live) with michael jackson, paulina rubio and martha sanchez.

While he has never been the same as when he was in slash n roses, he has demonstrated his granmother lessons did work for him.

I've never struggled with this question either, because to me at least the two bands are apples and oranges. It's not a comparison that can be made. IMO the better question would be which frontman/lead guitar would you rather have Page/Plant or Axl/Slash, and why. Hell, throw Mercury/May in there as well, because they were bad *** too.

This question was posted by Slashfan !!!!!I quess he's confused...???? Let's see are we compairing Jimmy Vs. Slash or Robert Plant Vs. Axle.....Wow what a concept..I don't even think Axle no's who Led Zepplin is..I think they are to very different bands in very different time..no comparison...

Why compare? They're two bands that reshaped the music seen totally at their primes. Personally, and this may be because I'm only 24, I like gnr better than zep. Just remember what Mike Meyers said "Zepplin (and GnR) didn't write tunes that everyone liked... They left that to the bee gees"

Archived