Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Les Paul Premier

WyldeDime

That may be the nicest blue Les Paul I've seen.

If not' date=' it definitely gives Raptor's a run for the money!!

The one thing I find odd about it is the lack of binding on the fretboard.

Seems strange that Gibson would produce such a nice instrument and not go all out.[/quote']These are basically Supremes (same body style/binding, etc), but without all the fance frills. It's relly just a fancy, better looking, suped up Studio, and I mean that in the NICEST pssible way.

I DEFFINATELY want one of these, and I agree Tim, this is probably the ONLY blue LP that I've ever seen, that makes me =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~

Well, there was that one on Youtube ('59 RI Custom Order) that this guy was selling for like $13,000!

It's relly just a fancy' date=' better looking, suped up Studio, and I mean that in the NICEST pssible way.

[/quote']

Technically, Aren't they ALL just suped up Studios?

To be fair, wouldn't it be closer to the truth to say they were suped up Customs?

Thanks for the welcome.

Here is a pair of Premier 2's my brother and I bought. these are cell phone pics so the color and flame doesnt show up as well. The color is called Velvet Red. It differs from the Premier 1 in that it is more based on a Custom/Supreme instead of the Studio/Supreme. Neck binding, Head Stock binding etc.. From what I was told the Premier 1 & 2's were a sample run to see if dealers wanted to pick up this line and were never made available to the public in stores and only sold at the Gibson warehouse sale. I was told that there was probably on 50 of both styles made.

IMG00100.jpg

IMG00103.jpg

IMG00105.jpg

Here is a pair of Premier 2's my brother and I bought. these are cell phone pics so the color and flame doesnt show up as well. The color is called Velvet Red. It differs from the Premier 1 in that it is more based on a Custom/Supreme instead of the Studio/Supreme. Neck binding' date=' Head Stock binding etc.. From what I was told the Premier 1 & 2's were a sample run to see if dealers wanted to pick up this line and were never made available to the public in stores and only sold at the Gibson warehouse sale. I was told that there was probably on 50 of both styles made.

[img']http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm232/acewylde/IMG00100.jpg[/img]

IMG00103.jpg

I saw those but liked the blue color better.

Tell me, do those have Ebony boards and the 3 piece flamed maple necks? I may still get one of those.

I saw those but liked the blue color better.

Tell me' date=' do those have Ebony boards and the 3 piece flamed maple necks? I may still get one of those.[/quote']

Ebony Boards but solid mahogony necks, pearl inlays instead of the metal type on the blue ones.

Archived