Gibson Brands Forums

Ouchie! Face Plant!

Andre S

or rather headstock plant...yep knocked my LP studio over, logo to the floor from my stand. I didn't put the rubber clasp over the neck part and the computer chair knocked it over. I thought I nearly had a heart attack when the strap came off a year ago. Ha!That was nothing compared. Just a big bang!

Very fortunate though, not a scratch, not a dent not a ding.

Damage: A millimeter long piece of nut material broke off on the edge on the 6th string side.

And the toogle switch became very loose, but other than that its fine!

Les Pauls are tougher than some people think. My Studio has hit the floor at least four times, and only once has anything (a tuner) been broken.

That's not an endorsement for letting your Les Paul hit the floor :-

Les Pauls are tougher than some people think. My Studio has hit the floor at least four times' date=' and only once has anything (a tuner) been broken.

That's not an endorsement for letting your Les Paul hit the floor :- [/quote']

This is something I wish not to find out. I kid you not, I have had a nightmare of snapping off the headstock of my Lester. That's how much it scares me.

Knock on wood.

This is something I wish not to find out. I kid you not' date=' I have had a nightmare of snapping off the headstock of my Lester. That's how much it scares me.

Knock on wood.[/quote']

I had a dream that I opened my case, to find that the neck had seperated from the body.

Archived