Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar Weapon Game

NeoConMan

I just saw a commercial ad on TV while watching the story of Anvil.

Tenacious D is featured on a new game called Guitar Weapon or something like that.

I asked Mrs. Neo a question that just popped into my mind.

First, look at Rock Band/Guitar Hero.

Much or their graphic representation of guitars is based on traditional Fender or Gibson shapes, but I'm seeing more and more stuff where there are squared-off Flying V's and 80's metal looking BC Rich's.

Then there are oddly shaped, amorphous blobs being waved around like instruments.

So, how long will it be until somebody brings out a guitar inspired by the shape of a Gamer's guitar?

All these kids will get older and have fond memories of where they started out with games.

If somebody markets an inexpensive guitar that looks just like what they used to see on the screen....

15 years from now, imagine what that mixing of games and guitars might produce.

I shudder to think what the next Holy Grail may be after the 59 Les Paul.

:-

Belive it or not guitar hero/rockband is a source of inspiration for a lot of young'ns to pick up the real thing. Most of the aspiring musicians at my high school come to me or one of my music buddies asking all kindsa questions about what guitar to buy as a starter or if they should start on acoustic or electric or if i'll sell them any of mine as a starter (LMAO YEAH RIGHT) but if they don't quit after a month because they realize its a little different from 5 colored buttons then i soon they end up sitting in with local bands and actually doing pretty well.

My point being that its not a completely bad thing if some 12 year old guitar hero junkie decides he wants to upgrade from 5 buttons to 6 strings. He may end up being the next Clapton.

Belive it or not guitar hero/rockband is a source of inspiration for a lot of young'ns to pick up the real thing. Most of the aspiring musicians at my high school come to me or one of my music buddies asking all kindsa questions about what guitar to buy as a starter or if they should start on acoustic or electric or if i'll sell them any of mine as a starter (LMAO YEAH RIGHT) but if they don't quit after a month because they realize its a little different from 5 colored buttons then i soon they end up sitting in with local bands and actually doing pretty well.

My point being that its not a completely bad thing if some 12 year old guitar hero junkie decides he wants to upgrade from 5 buttons to 6 strings. He may end up being the next Clapton.

Well said, we need a other guitar genius...:-k

Two things....

1. Guitar Rising. The REAL guitar hero game. Still not yet released GOD DAMMIT, there is also a similar game being released by Disney with a Washburn acoustic which I am still trying to find, However, again it will work with any guitar.... I'll update you on that when I find it, I am quite excited with both but SO BORED of waiting.

http://gizmodo.com/352800/guitar-rising-for-real-guitar-heroes

2. THESE are guitar weapons so if anyone see's Jack Black ask him to pop in to say Hi. *Evil grin.

guitars-1.jpg

My wife and I have this debate often. I play guitar, she doesn't. I agree with the previous post about how the if the guys room mate spent as much time on a real instrument as he did the game he would be a multifacited musician. My wife's argument is that anyone can be rocking out and engaged in cool tunes within the hour. Where as the learning curve with an actual instrument is greater. These games are cheaper ( and can be a little bit fun ) instant gratification may be what it is all about. Maybe we should build real guitars with flashing lights and rewarding rings and buzzers when the student plays a song correctly to reinforce good practice habits. Or maybe we are all just getting a little bit older.

Maybe we should build real guitars with flashing lights and rewarding rings and buzzers when the student plays a song correctly to reinforce good practice habits.

As in the game Guitar Rising, nahhhh Let's NOT hahahahahaha...

Seriously a guy on Youtube posted this amazing vid of him doing a horrendously hard level on guitar hero. But then a comment was posted underneath from his bandmate. The vid is a few years old now so I cannot find the link.

But he stated "yeah he is brilliant at this game so we made him lead guitarist but he doesn't know the notes yet, he is gonna be SO GOOD".

Errrrrrrrrrrrrr???:-

We should keep the two VERY separate I think. However I do have a bottle of nice spanish red so who am I to say ;-)

When that day comes' date=' I'll post a thread with the coordinates for a Gibson Forums mass-suicide. We can meet somewhere and drink poisonous punch, wear matching jump-suits and Nikes, and listen to "In My Time of Dying."[/quote']

Oh i love that 7-up & fruit punch mixture stuff

but it isnt as good as 7-up mixed into the jello

that stuff is AMAZING

Well, my original thought here was more along the lines of the influence in design of actual guitars.

The merit of the games themselves has been beat to death - I hate 'em, so that's settled for me.

Maybe Gibson will build something greater than the Robot and Dark Fire, modeled after the plastic toys with the lights and buzzers.

Maybe they should build real guitars with flashing lights and rewarding rings and buzzers when the student plays a song correctly.

Like I said, I shudder to think...

Archived