Gibson Brands Forums

Incredible, profound quote.

NeoConMan

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jack Handy would be proud. Neo's "deep thoughts". Thanks for the laugh!

Thanks for the consistency.

We can ALWAYS count on you for exactly what we see here - the trademark J annus cynicism and spite presented as intellectual superiority.

Inch wide/inch deep.

Thanks for the chuckle!

=P~

Care to offer a little nugget of wisdom yourself?

Think about it first, you'll expose yourself to scrutiny that you may not be able to cope with.....

Oh, and DO start a thread or two.

Contribute like the forum was designed for.

:-)

Thanks for the consistency.

We can ALWAYS count on you for exactly what we see here - the trademark J annus cynicism and spite presented as intellectual superiority.

Inch wide/inch deep.

Thanks for the chuckle!

:-

Care to offer a little nugget of wisdom yourself?

Think about it first' date=' you'll expose yourself to scrutiny that you may not be able to cope with.....

Oh, and DO start a thread or two.

Contribute like the forum was designed for.

:-)

[/quote']

YAAAAWWNN... we are all so fortunate to bask in your omniscience o' corpulent one, for your mullet of truth illuminates the one clear path. and the word shall come down from on high and shall be written on a somewhat clean sunday-go-to-meetin' t-shirt. and the word was "nugent". and, the people laughed.

dig around, you'll find a topic or two that i've started. they're usually light hearted and non-controversial. or don't. i don't really care.

i'm here for ya, bub. count on it.

yer pal!

its not janus's fault' date='

all thoose acoustics, and not one electric to rock out on.................

he is wound too tight, he would make a horrible pickup, darn highoutput shred pickups

lol[/quote']

yer like 12 or something, right? BTW, it's jannus. 2 "n's". thx!

21' date=' you got it backwards[/quote']

my apologies! i had you mixed up with someone else. as concert promoter for 30 years, i've had my fill of overly loud music. my collection of acoustic gibsons actually help me relax! no need for electrics here but your theory is interesting.

my apologies! i had you mixed up with someone else. as concert promoter for 30 years' date=' i've had my fill of overly loud music. my collection of acoustic gibsons actually help me relax! no need for electrics here but your theory is interesting.[/quote']

I totally agree kinda (:D )

some people like the beach, some people like the valleys, I like the forest, because it is calm and quiet

enough crazyness and volume @ my house to last every morman sanctuary for 20 years!

:D

If somebody needs ten bucks badly enough that would come to you and ask' date=' give it to 'em if you can afford it.

It's only ten bucks, you may help the guy out, and if you don't[i'] really[/i] expect it back....

Excellent philosophy! I've found that to be effective in sorting out worthwhile assholes from the rest of 'em.

BTW' date=' it's jannus. 2 "n's". [/quote']

Yeah, I constantly struggle with that one myself.

Just doesn't seem right with more than one 'n' for some reason.

:)

"You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions."

— Naguib Mahfouz

how do you properly use "wankers".....

This is a long one be patient...

Okay wanker is a Class B type insult :)

For example' date=' if you are describing someone and [b']really[/b] think ill of them, the c word is applicable.

If they are a traitor and maybe 'snidey' too, bastard is more appropriate. Although sometimes if a friend say crashes his car and isn't hurt you may re tell the story with an element of affection and say "silly bastard".

Now we come to wanker...

To be qualify as wanker someone usually isn't necessarily evil as such, but more very arrogant and stupid.

The lovely Gwyneth Paltrow says "wanker" in Sliding Doors, just like a middle class girl around where I live would say it. Often girls use it to describe a bloke who doesn't give a damn,

with a pained look they say "what a wanker"

But as my science teacher said to my class when I was 15, "you are all a bunch of wankers. He meant it literally, and ofcourse there wasn't much we could say, we were LMAO

Matt

well then I know a lot of wankers

ya know what a wigger is?

Yep they hang outside Mac Donalds where I live with sports trousers, loads of gold, shaved head, baseball cap and try and pretend they have come from a really rough part of town...

and they are white.

Matt

Yep they hang outside Mac Donalds where I live with sports trousers' date=' loads of gold, shaved head, baseball cap and try and pretend they have come from a really rough part of town...

and they are white.

Matt

[/quote']

somewhat.......

specifically a white person who tries to act black....

I know a lot of them too....

and the funny thing is that the black kids in my school (there are only two of them..... literally) act really.... well white

oh just relaized that you said white.... sorry

My daughter went through this phase 5 years ago. Now please excuse this, but imagine it in the exact context as you stated....

All the white girls in her school were walking around saying "waddup me *****?" as a greeting. I really thought this was totally ****** (and there I am using an american insult! Hahahah).

Indeed anyone who tries to be somthing they never will be is a ****** wanker. :-k

Well, "******" is an american insult bro. You know us limey bastards, we hear it in a movie and steal it to be "cool" hahahahah.

We say arse over here because it sounds posher, as you all know in America we english are all from london and either speak like **** Van Dyke or Prince Phillip ;-)

Archived