Gibson Brands Forums

Incredible, profound quote.

NeoConMan

Well' date=' "******" is an american insult bro. You know us limey bastards, we hear it in a movie and steal it to be "cool" hahahahah.

We say arse over here because it sounds posher, as you all know in America we english are all from london and either speak like **** Van Dyke or Prince Phillip ;-)[/quote']

Everyone sounds like Hugh Grant or Jason Statham LMAO

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
where does "stupid git" fit in?

"Git" is a very mild put down and often used when someone has done something morally wrong, but it is low level and may even be a bit funny too,

Bill Murry in Scooged is a git when he says to the old lady, about to get in a cab, that she has dropped her purse. While she is distracted he pushes in front and gets in himself.

LOL It makes me laugh and also think "what a git!"

Matt

as concert promoter for 30 years' date=' i've had my fill of overly loud music.

my collection of acoustic gibsons actually help me relax!

no need for electrics here but your theory is interesting.[/quote']

Concert promoter?

30 years?

Isn't that like used car sales, only without the name tag?

Couldn't find honest work, eh?

Relax, J anus...

Just relax......

Don't think about that receding hairline, or what might have been with a real job.....

What did you learn today from your Lefty Indoctrination on MSDNC?

The problem with Dr. King's comment is that I think he was not talking about some folks who have major cultural differences that emphatically clash with the broad spectrum of "western" culture.

For example, various tribal cultures can be pretty difficult to work with when truly, if you ain't one of "them," you just plain ain't.

"We" who live in a general world culture also tend to ignore that some social systems still extant are definitely foreign, and we're not just talking about minor differences that still can cause some major clashes.

I've been a number of places elsewhere in the world where a cupla Americans (including Canadians) may not get along at all "at home," but when both are immersed into some very different cultures suddenly discover how much more they have in common than they earlier ever might have recognized.

Most places I think most "up to date in the world" folks try do do as Dr. King said. On the other hand ... sorry, I think a lot of "us" do a better job of being politically correct and sound "tolerant" of others than we really are.

On the other hand, on at least short-term working relationships? I think most people are pretty decent folks. I've truly enjoyed meeting folks and working even with people with whom I don't even share a language. It's when push comes to shove that character really shows - and so also does one's personal cultural background.

Pardon my cynicism, but... <grin>

m

Archived