Gibson Brands Forums

Re-Modded SG + Pics!

Apothecurious

Alright so maybe a couple weeks ago I posted some pics of some stuff I did to my SG Standard. I got rid of the diamond plate and black knobs. Replaced them with white Speed Knobs and a 3-ply white pickguard. Looks a lot better IMO.

List of crap I added to it:

Schaller Straplocks

White SpeedKnobs

White/Black/White 3-ply Pickguard

Tonepros Locking Tailpiece and TOM Bridge

Seymour Duncan SH-6 Distortion (Black/White)

Stainless Steel Truss Rod Cover (w/ my last name on it)

Kluson/Tonepros TPK33 Locking Tuners

I am officially calling this the Guitar Hero Guitar. It sure as hell looks like one now.

Old Pics for reference:

guitarold1.jpg

guitarold2.jpg

guitarnew1.jpg

guitarnew3.jpg

New Pics:

guitar1.jpg

guitar2.jpg

guitar_hero_package.jpg

I don't know.. i think it looks like one IMO.

If you need knobs of any sort, I fully recommend Pinup Music Parts (formerly Long Island Music Parts). They have an eBay store (and a physical store, I believe, but I could be mistaken), and have every sort of knob or switch tip imaginable, in all different sizes (US, Metric, and "import").

I bought a set of blue bell knobs for my Spirit from them about a month ago. It was the only place that had them.

That looks pretty cool. Where'd you find white speed knobs? They're sick.

On Ebay in someone's ebay store. I believe it was JC Guitars. If you look around Ebay you'll find all sorts of unique parts. Thats how I found the zebra SD pickup. Those are normally custom order only but some guy on ebay has a store for every imaginable aftermarket pickup in just about any color scheme you could think of.

Archived