Gibson Brands Forums

Buckethead - Signature Les Paul Announced!

mcmurray

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Murph has eyes everywhere (the mick used to be). Don't tell oilpit I said that because I revealed his social security number to too many people (including the DAS44 and californiaman). New york to california! Cuz you're too young for the weather! I loved that game but my parents wouldn't let my play it and now that I'm just about old enough to play it, I'm not interested. It's old with bad graphics. Now what's awesome is the Guitar Hero series. I have all 20 games plus some only known to the japanese (don't tell guitarest). It's so much harder than real guitar and takes so much more time. That's why I'm in a guitar hero band class at school and only play real guitar once per week. I mean, 5 BUTTONS vs 24 frets on 6 strings plus open notes?!(open notes not being used in jazz of course). Guitar hero is almost as hard as piano... so linear. Which reminds me about how much algebra 2 sucks and I got a D the first semester of it. Algebra 3 is ok until you get the pre-calc books. Discreet math my ***! Make a conjecture of that! Haha you probably won't take geometry until next year, NERD! That's what you get when hingeless doors creak, to put it into confetti.

I am picking my nose...how did u know!??!/ STLAKER!

Maybe if you spent more time "picking" your guitar, you would have some sort of a clue partner!!!

No legitimate musician could deny Buckethead's talents, regardless if you dig his chilli or not....

To be honest guys, you aren't posting any good videos to show non-buckethead fans at all.

You're posting acoustic songs.. Or really in general, just songs that wouldn't appeal to non-buckethead fans in the first place.

The best example possible for a non-fan would be Too Many Humans.

I'm sure you can't deny the emotion and skill of improvising and writing within it.

There's no chance you wont enjoy this.

Listen to it all. And don't press play with a dumb smirk on your face thinking "Oh gosh! Thiz is gonna be so bad, I can't wait to make a penis joke about it!".

There is no BEST example. It really depends on what the listener is into....if they are into metal, that song won't do it for them either...this is why i don't post random songs and say "SEE! He rules!"....

If someone is open to it, i will ask them what kinda stuff they are into and then try to find some Buckethead to match what they like. I've found that works best to help people understand the man. It doesn't always work either as people have different tastes. In the grand scheme of things, I don't really care if un-fans become fans...

Hah! What an untalented hack of a musician! This is just neo classical shredding totally devoid of feeling! My <insert body part of choice> sound better!

There, I just spared a few select forum members from making complete asses of themselves yet again [-X

It probably won't work though, so come on :boilspit:, demented00ne, guitarjest and the gang (*)... there's an opening here!

(*) Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

DJ

Disclaimer: The author accepts no liability for any damage or losses caused by the use of this message. No guarantees are given for the suitablilty of this message for any given application. You use this message entirely at your own risk.

--

All those emotional songs are useless becaue he has a bucket and that means none of his music is music. All he has is the bucket because 1,000+ songs don't count if you have a bucket and I'd rather listen to Angus Young play the same 3 power chords over and over. If Angus Young wore a bucket he'd still be the same because he played his 3 power chords before the bucket and he can't play anything more technical (technical music is gimmicky just like funk, bluegrass and jazz fusion).

Its about time . I wonder how much it'll set you back?
Probably more than what it's worth.

I wouldn't pay $5 for it. But then again I'm not into mat-white guitars with arcade switches and blank ebony fretboards.

Such a waste. =D>

I think the main problem with BC/BK is, music (any kind) is based on emotion/feeling, and he shows almost no emotion while playing (with the exception of the occasional chicken-like seizure). Also, If it weren't for the whole bucket gimmick? I think he would get a much better reception from people, even the non-fans.

I think the main problem with BC/BK is' date=' music (any kind) is based on emotion/feeling, and he shows almost no emotion while playing (with the exception of the occasional chicken-like seizure). Also, If it weren't for the whole bucket gimmick? I think he would get a much better reception from people, even the non-fans.

[/quote']

You need to see someones face while they're playing to see the emotion? I'd never thought of it like that, sorry if I misunderstood you.

That said, I hear plenty of emotion in Buckethead's music. Not all of it, granted, a lot of his tunes are not supposed to be emotional, but a lot of his tracks just reek of emotion. Just because it doesn't touch you that does not mean it's not there.

Have you heard the MJ tribute? It's absolutely dripping with melancholy;

http://bucketheadland.com/01_The_Landing_Beacon.mp3

Wow people mention emotion so much. Actually, most music doesn't even have emotion. What about generic mainstream? Throw 3 powerchords together with annoying sounding lyrics. It's been done. It's for popularity. It does NOT have emotion. Maybe you misunderstand emotion. It doesn't need to be happy or sad. An A Suspended 4th Flat 5th Add 12th chord really sets the mood but it's not happy or sad. It's creepy.

Another thing is emotional guitar playing doesn't need bending.

That song and other songs on the album, Colma use raking and certain strum techniques to show emotion.

To get back on topic, I wouldn't be surprised if this guitar is B's size. Baritone guitars are extra big and they tune down way lower. Maybe that explains the low pitch guitars on Diamond.

Probably more than what it's worth.

I wouldn't pay $5 for it. But then again I'm not into mat-white guitars with arcade switches and blank ebony fretboards.

Such a waste. ](*

I think the main problem with BC/BK is, music (any kind) is based on emotion/feeling, and he shows almost no emotion while playing (with the exception of the occasional chicken-like seizure). Also, If it weren't for the whole bucket gimmick? I think he would get a much better reception from people, even the non-fans.

[/quote']

Wow, so you need "guitar faces' to qualify emotion? DUDE, IT IS MUSIC!!!! YOU LISTEN WITH YOUR EARS NOT YOUR EYES! WHAT A RIDICULOUS STATEMENT!!!!!

Wow people mention emotion so much. Actually' date=' most music doesn't even have emotion. What about generic mainstream? Throw 3 powerchords together with annoying sounding lyrics. It's been done. It's for popularity. It does NOT have emotion. Maybe you misunderstand emotion. It doesn't need to be happy or sad. An A Suspended 4th Flat 5th Add 12th chord really sets the mood but it's not happy or sad. It's creepy.

Another thing is emotional guitar playing doesn't need bending.

That song and other songs on the album, Colma use raking and certain strum techniques to show emotion.

To get back on topic, I wouldn't be surprised if this guitar is B's size. Baritone guitars are extra big and they tune down way lower. Maybe that explains the low pitch guitars on Diamond.[/quote']

The guitar sound on Diamond is an actual baritone guitar. Although B's Pauls are extra long, is still tunned to normal pitch, not tuned to low B or an octave down from a normal guitar like most baritone guitars (of which I own 2)

The sig will be normal scale (just with 24 frets), that is if the expect them to sell.

Archived