Gibson Brands Forums

1989 les Paul studio

BR1B3R

I can't find anything on these... The value, or what pickups. I have a trade in the works. I want to know of

it's a good deal for me. The picute shows dot inlay's instead of the normal inlays on Les pauls's. Any help would be nice..

Thanks to all the reply..

Jarred

I have a 86 Studio and did some checking on it. Here's what I found. Pickups are

PAF thats all the info the came no number like 498r. The body is Mahogany with

a Maple top (I better add for Are Nines sake that the body is weight relieved). The neck is dot inlay and in most cases Ebony. You will also find that the Studio has a

thinner body than the Standard. My Studio is a 1/4" thinner then my Standard. Price will be about $800 range. I hope this helps.

CW

So how can I find out the value on this year of studio?

You could do some research on ebay or (probably a bit better) on internet-shops... But I guess it is difficult without knowing much about the guitar to really compare...

When I wrote to Gibson about my ´83 LP Studio, they sent me an old advertisement, where is also one with a white finish on it... They said mine appears to be a Studio Custom (gold hardware). Alder Body, Maple Neck, Rosewood fingerboard with dot inlays, black fingerrest, PAF Humbuckers, multiple cream coloured binding (mine is ebony)...

I don`t know how long they produced them like this of course... The one you are looking after could be a totally different one (look at cwness description), but perhaps sending a picture to Gibson (or posting or linking it here) and asking them could help?

Hi Shade

Ya I do believe that's your's in the ad. I've had mine since 86, bought it to take on the road when working. A friend bought it and it was to heavy so I bought it

from him for $400. He bought an SG Standard. Love the guitar plays and sounds great. Here's a pic.

IMG_0194.jpg

CW

Archived