Gibson Brands Forums

Now I can look you in the eye

deepblue

Ok...ill admit it.

I have been playing for over 30 years and I still didnt know how to do a decent job stringing my guitars.

Id either have too many winds, not enough...or it just plain looked sloppy.

Then, I saw this on Youtube.

I treated my neck with Fret Doctor and restrung using this method.

I feel like a pro now!

btw...Fret Doctor is as amazing as everyone says it is. Nothing better. Its a blend of many oils, and I believe one of them

is Bergamot....to me thats what its scent suggests.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

A Floyd is SUCH a different animal as many of you know. Having a seven string with a Kahler soon also may prove interesting. GREAT vids though.

Chris....get a Tremol-No system.

You can set it to hardtail mode to change the strings. Then, set it to full float or dive only, whatever you like.

I've been doing it that way for years and never thought of making a video about it? Glad you found this.

What is a real pain in the bum is changing strings on a strat with old-style tuning pegs. You know the ones that are just a slit in the top and not a hole.

Chris....get a Tremol-No system.

You can set it to hardtail mode to change the strings. Then' date=' set it to full float or dive only, whatever you like.[/quote']

Blasphemy!!!! BLASPHEMY !!!! BAN HIM NOW !!!!!!!!!

Hahahahahahah....

Any restriction on my Wiggling is VERY VERY wrong ;-)

Blue, you're finally a man. I'm proud of you. :D

I only do two things differently from the video you posted.

1. After a string is loose (and I mean loose) I cut it, rather than keep spinning the tuner.

2. When I restring, I always start from the middle and work my way out. D & G first, then A & B, then both low & high E.

When I restring I got this route...works for me. I use the width of two finger of slack on the 5th and 6th and the width of three fingers on the rest. Works for me...though I fcuked up changing strings the other day with my new pyramids and didn't leave enough slack on the 4th.

Scroll to the bottom of the page....you can basically skip to the second video.

http://www.justinguitar.com/en/TB-003-ChangeStringsElectric.php

Archived