Gibson Brands Forums

Blatent Copies of Les Pauls....

onewilyfool

Why sue? There appears to be a better route. On their website they're advertising "Genuine Epiphone" in addtion to the fake Epiphone models. It would appear that this is one of the factories that Epi uses in China. All Gibson needs to do is to pull the Epiphone production from them or threaten to do so if they don't stop selling fake Gibsons.

i was about to say the same "genuine epiphone models"... but then i looked... they sell an epi custom for $230... strange price for a guitar that sells for much more anywere.

it kinda funny... "gibson guitars, epiphone guitars, ORIGINAL REAL epiphone guitars" they may be one of the plants that make epis... gibson can do something here.

oh man... you gotta take a look at the "prs singlecut" hahaha it is a les paul with a prs type headstock... shame on you chinamen (and kids) you cant even do your homework and take a look at the actual guitar before trying to duplicate it...

here is the link: (to the PRS Les Paul, or is it the LP Paul Reed Smith? ^_^ )

http://www.paylessguitars.com/product_detail.asp?Pid=1159

MAybe this is part of the secret fender agenda (trying to make gibson look bad so they can buy it cheap buying gibson)

Ooohoo' date=' me to, hey Tim which one are you gonna get? I'm thinking the fire engine red with the flames.[/quote']

Why limit yourself to just one...prices like this on real Gibson's only come across once in a lifetime!

I'm getting one of each!

You know, Imitation is the highest form of flattery, HOWEVER.......the problem is unscrupulous people on places like EBAY are actually passing these off as originals.....so people NOT in the Know are getting screwed. Everything about those guitar is fine...EXCEPT the Gibson Logo.......

I have a fellow musician here in the Boston area who bought one knowing it was a copy and I had the chance to inspect recently.

it has its flaws(the biggest being it is a counterfeit Gibson).

But the thing is a freakin' tone monster, and it weighs a ton, and it plays really well.

Mind you though, I in no way support the sales of these guitars as marketed.

Nor would I ever buy one, I prefer the real deal.

Call me an elitist..........

since they sell them so cheap and obviously don't try to trick most buyers I wonder sometimes why they fake the Gibson name instead of just selling them as brand x or whatever is the Chinese equivalent. it's not like they would be the first I actually have a Burny from the late 80's nice guitar and the VH1 pickups are amazing in there own way

since they sell them so cheap and obviously don't try to trick most buyers I wonder sometimes why they fake the Gibson name instead of just selling them as brand x or whatever is the Chinese equivalent. it's not like they would be the first I actually have a Burny from the late 80's nice guitar and the VH1 pickups are amazing in there own way

i have said the same thing a thousand times here in the forum... this people could be making a lot more of money if they put a different name in their guitars... they clearly are above most cheapo guitars, so they could sell for the same price or (more likely) higher. They could make a name for themselves, how many "new" guitar makers are out there that werent there in the 80s and are now famous? a lot. (not gibson famous, more like washburn famous... but that is something).

Archived