Gibson Brands Forums

Got this e-mail "New apparel from the Gibson Store" and wondered why these was such a $ di

IMF

I got the e-mail and checked out the Gibson web site only to find the two shirts were listed and priced as follow :-

*New* Epiphone Logo Shirt

This lightweight, ring-spun 100% cotton shirt features the Epiphone logo screen printed across its chest, with an athletic fit designed for optimal comfort and style. The shirt comes in black with the white distressed Epiphone logo. Available in medium, large, x-large and 2X. Unisex. $15.

*New* Limited Edition

Gibson Factory Wear Shirt

This lightweight, ring-spun 100 % cotton Factory Wear Shirt features the Gibson logo screen printed across its chest, with an athletic fit designed for optimal comfort and style. The shirt comes in black with white star and Gibson logo. Available in medium, large, x-large and 2X. Unisex. $25.

The only difference I can see other than the 'factory Wear' comment on the Gibson version is that one says Epiphone and one Gibson. Is the price difference down to 'factory wear' (what ever that is) or the front logo?

I thought Gibson were reacting to the t shirt comments previously listed.

What do you think or it me being suspicious.

I guess the name difference is worth 10 extra bucks to Gibster Corporate' date=' who calls the shots on pricing anyway, no?[/quote']

The question is --- Are the Gibson shirts better than the Epiphone shirts? Are they made with better cotton? Are they made in the USA? Do they have real MOP lettering? And most of all, do they sound better?

;-)

Notes

The question is --- Are the Gibson shirts better than the Epiphone shirts? Are they made with better cotton? Are they made in the USA? Do they have real MOP lettering? And most of all' date=' do they sound better?

;-)

Notes

Can I nominate this for best comment of the year??? =D>

along that line of thought are there any one's made in china that look the same but use different 100% cotton perhaps something called "100% cottain" or that when you put them on they just don't feel as nice. If if I was an Epiphone man I would be disappointed that even the t shirts reflect a cheaper level or would you be happier that gibson t shirts are more expensive for the same item.

Glad I was sitting down when I read that email. How do they justify $95 for a novelty shirt? Gibson must figure if we'll pay $2000+ for a mediocre guitar, we'll spring for the $95 shirt. Harley Davidson is the same way. Note to Gibson: We're not all suckers. I learned how you do business with me (higher cost, lower quality). Now, I won't do business with you.

Archived