Gibson Brands Forums

What kind of cable do you use?

ledzep59

Just wondering what kind of instrument cable y'all were running from your guitar. I use Monster cables; they're not the cheap(est) plastic ones, they have gold on them. I can tell a huge difference between a monster cable and some low-end junk, but I wasn't sure if there was something really tight I'm missing out on:-k

Just wondering what kind of instrument cable y'all were running from your guitar. I use Monster cables; they're not the cheap(est) plastic ones' date=' they have gold on them. I can tell a huge difference between a monster cable and some low-end junk, but I wasn't sure if there was something really tight I'm missing out on:-k [/quote']

I'm wireless

Just wondering what kind of instrument cable y'all were running from your guitar. I use Monster cables; they're not the cheap(est) plastic ones' date=' they have gold on them. I can tell a huge difference between a monster cable and some low-end junk, but I wasn't sure if there was something really tight I'm missing out on:-k [/quote']

You mean this difference?

http://www.engadget.com/2008/03/03/audiophiles-cant-tell-the-difference-between-monster-cable-and/

I use a Whirlwind cable.

Depends on the mood =D>

Really, the only cable brand I dont use (but still own a couple of them) is monster cables.

I mainly use dimarzio cables, but have planet waves, fender, george Ls, mogami and monsters lying around.

Mogami makes some of the best IMO.

I have monster cables, not for the sound (I really don't believe in major sound differences via cables), but for the Thickness. Monster's are Strong. I very often end up somehow getting my cable stuck in between my pedal top part and bottom part, and when I smash the pedal it doesn't even mark them. I am not recommending them or dissing them, I'm just simply stating why I have them.

All seriousness aside, I use the ones that GC gives me when I buy stuff. I think they're the same as this:

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Musicians-Gear-Instrument-Cable-20-Feet-4Pack?sku=582062

After that, I like the Fender California cables because they look cool. I like Blue, but the Surf Green and Shell Pink ones are cool, too.

Perhaps more important is the way you keep them.

Any of you do this:

The Roadie Wrap -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqbYyaUY5Sk

I have monster cables' date=' not for the sound (I really don't believe in major sound differences via cables), but for the Thickness.[/quote']

Would you believe I actually dont like them because of the thickness? I like cables that are more flexible...

Any of you do this:

The Roadie Wrap -

You betcha - always! Learned it from a guy we rented large venue PA gear from. He would charge you extra if he had to re-wrap the cables. Hard-core, but you know what? It works. Glad I learned it. If you flip a roadie wrapped cable out it will uncoil perfectly every time (assuming you coiled it up right). Gotta admit I never heard it called "Roadie Wrap" though. I just thought it was the right way to do it.

Yeah its all monster for me, even if i am wirless i use monster for all pedals, cab to head connection, as well as my whole PA setup, we also use all monsters in the studio. just had nothing but great exerience with them so i continue on using them for everything that requires cables they have and even power strips, centers and conditioners.

they even make a cable for acoustic guitars now! which is fantastic!

Archived