Gibson Brands Forums

What kind of cable do you use?

ledzep59

(I really don't believe in major sound differences via cables

au contraire mon frere

I noticed a HUGE difference when I switched to the live wire elite that I got now....

Lets see how to put it....

Ex: Its like going to spain and only speaking very basic stuff.... your message aint gonna get accross well..

thats a bad one so heres another

Take a funnel and pour some water through it.... the water gets through slower and the volume passed through is less....

maybe compare it to a river goin through a hydroelectric dam.... the water level past the dam is way lower....

I s'pose I'd give some folks a heart attack to see 35-year-old springy coiled cables still in use. Some are older than that.

And a cupla new ones. I'm more concerned about how well they plug into the guitar and amp and whether they actually carry electrical stuff back and forth.

I dunno...

m

WTF?

yeah they designed a special cable for acoustic guitars, which i wouldnt have believed made any difference before i tried it, i took one of my monster golds and hooked it up to my acoustic and played for a few mins, then the new acoustic cable and there was a clear difference! it seems alot of people would like to think that they dont do anything but make cables when in all actuallity they are making cables better and catering to the needs of musicians not many companies that do that anymore, i mean how many cables have you seen designed specifically for acoustic guitars?! so they are doing something right!

Archived