Gibson Brands Forums

Shortest amount of time you've kept a guitar

Tim Plains

About 45 minutes.

I ordered a traveling songwriter a few years ago because I could never find one in a store. I took delivery strummed it, grimaced tuned it strummed it a few more times and put it back in the box and drove it to a UPS drop-off store. Terrible guitar no tone dead and shallow sounding, I found another one a few months later that I liked bought it and my niece claimed it in less than a week to take to college. So I've struck out twice on that model maybe I need to find another one to either replace it or strike out for good on that model for songwriting.

2 days... an Ibanez RG1750 if I remember correctly, a guy needed money desperately and sold it to me for 200 bucks with the original hard case and all, never really knew how much it was really worth but I sold her for 900 bucks 2 days later (I dont like used stuff, cannot bond with it no matter what).

The guy called me a couple of weeks after, offered my 200 back, when I refused he offered 300, then 350... but she was long gone =D>

+1

even though I havent been platin nearly as long as any of you.... I don't plan to sell any guitars/ amps unless I really need to....

Oh, but the need will arise... GAS hits hard young man and sometimes it makes you sell your favorite stuff so you can buy that P.O.S. you'll hate later #-o

A beautiful Epipone Les Paul with bisgby.

I bought it on eBay and should never have, I owned the guitar for 6 months but for 5 months and 3 weeks I thought about selling it.

Sam Ash bought it from me since it was a very striking guitar, I lost only $25 over 6 months. Not bad.

The guitar was a chick magnet but it would not play well.

Archived