Gibson Brands Forums

Post your V

Laney1566

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

If you think it looks like hell, just wait til you play it!

To deny the ****'s true nature is to not truly love the ****.

It's been properly glued on a jig and it actually plays very, very nice. I think the neck joint is now stronger than it was at the factory. That tape is to keep the high E from snagging under the bobbins. The **** has seen some action ... and for good, good reason: plays and performs like a beast.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

yeah, unfortunately due to a little lack of planning on my part, where the strap button and output jack are (both on the inside) looks really cool, but becomes a bit like a medieval torture device when I try to play it sitting down with the crook resting on my leg [thumbup] But standing up, it looks fantastic and the cable stays nice and tidy. Had to request special wiring because my original flying v got me very used to having a separate volume for each pup.

I thought i'd post mine to. This is a great playing V . I play blues and it sings.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMG_1427.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMG_1458.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMG_1438.jpg

Thanks , that V is a great axe. I Play'em all , as much as i can. Those are 3 of my top 5. I think I'm done with my collecting (for a while ,as i just picked up a PRS yesterday). I need to chill out for a while. And play a whole lot.

Archived