Gibson Brands Forums

Have you ever played/jamed with a famous band/guitarist?

NeoLibMan

BB' date=' I'm the guy "ironing"...HAHA.....

(I need to figure out how to post photos on here)[/quote']

Bob, this is so cool, thanks for sharing.

I think we all would love to see some pics, especially you with some of the other bands you have mentioned. Below is a link on how to post some pics.

http://forums.gibson.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=21334

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

71207-peter-wheat-001.jpg?w=449&h=500

Wow.... not too hard as long as the photo exists somewhere on the internet!

This photo was taken the night Janice Joplin opened for us!

Several of us were talking about this night not long ago, and of course we all remembered it....but we all remembered it differently!!

This photo was lost for 30+ years... when my mother died earlier this year, my sister found it in her house, (there is another one taken that night...but Mom's house hasn't been gone through yet!!)

Bob

Cut & paste this into your browser, (I can't figure out how to post a You Tube video). The song is the "B" side of our single back in '66. You can hear my bass and backing vocals, but they're nothing to write home about!

I have a photo of me and Van Morrison, but it's not on the internet anywhere that I know of. I don't really have too many photos with the people we played with, (gotta be cool and not act like a fan).

Bob

Cut & paste this into your browser' date=' (I can't figure out how to post a You Tube video). The song is the "B" side of our single back in '66. You can hear my bass and backing vocals, but they're nothing to write home about!

I have a photo of me and Van Morrison, but it's not on the internet anywhere that I know of. I don't really have too many photos with the people we played with, (gotta be cool and not act like a fan).

Bob[/quote']

Bob, I'm looking forward to seeing the video. I can't see it now because I'm behind a firewall, but I will view tonight for sure.

Cut & paste this into your browser' date=' (I can't figure out how to post a You Tube video). The song is the "B" side of our single back in '66. You can hear my bass and backing vocals, but they're nothing to write home about!

Bob[/quote']

wow man yo got quite a list of names...

I don;t know if this counts but My uncle jammed with those guys who sung one toke over the line

and two of my uncles (the same one as above included) okayed cards with Muddy Waters

Dom, was a long time ago. Was actually Van Morrison's very first show in the US. Was the night he met his wife, (she's in the photo), we all went out to dinner.

Did more shows with THEM, and I was with Van Morrison when he was arrested for beating up his band on stage. Alcohol MAY have been involved. VM called me into his Limo, (was like an undertaker's car, really), and I didn't wanna get in with him as he just beat the crap out of HIS FRIENDS!

Bob

Bob[/quote']

That was ace, brother! I love that 60's sound. You know they just released a new Nuggets box set of late 60's San Fran bands. Your single should be on that sucka. No lie.

Evol,

I have the latest release. I can chronicle them for you. Back in the 80's "All The Time" was released on Pebbles 10, (Vinyl). About 2006 or 2007 "Baby What's New" was released on Pebbles 11, (CD). Since ACE Records in England has exclusive rights to our stuff, they filed suit against the producers of Pebbles 11 and got it pulled from the market. ACE released "You Got Yours", (Still available from Amazon, or wherever CD's are sold...HAHA..sound like commercial?), which has "Baby What's New" on it.

Bob

Hahahaha you namedroppers !!!

OK, Kerry King, Graham Bonnet, Steve Vai, all of the JP guys obviously apart from Rob as he just heads back to a hotel for a wank, Skid Row (ohhh 18 hour flight then BEERAGE, not good) , the VERY cool Turasis guys, I REALLY like that band, All the dudes from Crue, got loads of pics with Nicki Six, Tommi and Vince, Billy Sheehan, Satch, Lemmy, Kory Clarke (wow he is out there), Blaze Bayley, all the Black stone "Cheery" guys, yeah because they are very cool, Jugular and Imagika from LA (great guys) etc etc.

A$$holes thankfully only one I met in this business so far.... Marilyn Manson. A complete cock. so I nicked all the beer from his dressing room at download 2007.

Loads more but hell it is friday night.

Archived