Gibson Brands Forums

Need help on whether this is a real SG

Acidhouse

Hi, I'm totally new and actually a Strat player. I found what appears to be a decent deal on a Gibson SG in my area but I'm not sure it's real. The person claims it's a real Gibson SG. It's green, it has no pickguard, 24 fret rosewood fretboard and exposed pickups. All I've seen is a hazy picture and the Seller isn't the quickest with responses.

GibsonSG.jpg

Thanks for any leads on this one.

Yeah. I was gonna say in my post that it's an Epi... and a crappy model at that.

I didn't want to come across as a cork-sniffer.

If you're on a budget, I'd look for a used Gibson SG Faded Special.

Don't let the faded finish fool you... they feel great. The faded finish gives it a more "broken in" feel and it has that classic SG sound. I'd change the bridge pickup and make a few cosmetic mods but they're great and can be had at a low price.

Yeah. I was gonna say in my post that it's an Epi... and a crappy model at that.

I didn't want to come across as a cork-sniffer.

If you're on a budget' date=' I'd look for a used Gibson SG Faded Special.

Don't let the faded finish fool you... they feel great. The faded finish gives it a more "broken in" feel and it has that classic SG sound. I'd change the bridge pickup and make a few cosmetic mods but they're great and can be had at a low price.[/quote']

Thanks, I wasn't in the market for an SG. I just came across an ad that seemed too good to be true and surprise surprise it was. I never actually heard back from the Seller so I am guessing that she found some other sucker. Strats are my addiction but it would have been nice to have something else. My brother has an 89 '62 Reissue SG and it's a beaut.

Archived