Gibson Brands Forums

Slash vs. Page guitars?

Gizmo

Vote for your choice.

A Slash custom shop with fishman.

OR

A Jimmy Page with an extra pickup, push-pull knobs & bigsby?

I myself think the new Page is just too gaudy for me;

( even if i could figure out how to cope with all the gizmos ).

Give me the Slash and a pedal or two.

The Page is actually very easy to work. If you forget what pickups are on, due to the 6 way switch, just tap the PU covers with your pick. There is only 1 push/pull and it's for the bridge pickup. Blend that out of phase with top and middle PUs and it's a unique sound. Play it for a couple of weeks and you know your way around pretty easily.

Feels like quality, plays beautifully, sounds even better. I absolutely LOVE my Standard and play it every day but this Page guitar is a different animal. So is the 2004 #1 by the way. I think the boys at Gibson really take pride in their work - and it shows with this guitar.

Gaudy? I think black and gold can look gaudy. I also have Custom Shop in ebony and gold and it is a bit flashy - like I should be wearing a tux while playing it. It's all subjective. The VOS finish on the Page makes it look old and dirty.

Jimmy had the PU covers off his on PU 1 & 3. It must have been a simple aesthetic issue to leave them on this model. I wonder how the sound would be different if they left them off.

Slash . . . I'm not a fan but I bet those are great guitars!!

Archived