Gibson Brands Forums

what if?

Flight959

What would you guys do if you were unfortunate enough to loose your fingers on one hand?

Id switch to left handed guitar if I could hold a pick in my injured hand...

Regards

Get a prosthesis (sp?) with a built-in pick?

a buddy of mine in school lost his middle finger on his right hand in a meat slicer. he was seriously depressed for months while he recovered from the physical injury. but the upside was an uncle who supported his guitar playing, bought him a Les Paul and soon he was back to playing guitar.

a buddy of mine in school lost his middle finger on his right hand in a meat slicer. he was seriously depressed for months while he recovered from the physical injury. but the upside was an uncle who supported his guitar playing' date=' bought him a Les Paul and soon he was back to playing guitar. [/quote']

That's like Jerry Garcia. His bro accidentally cut off Jerry's finger off with an axe while cutting wood (I believe that is the story)

Iommi didn't get his whole finger chopped off, "just the tip" of two of them I think. I always think about this. If you have to sacrifice one, it should be obvious that it would be the pinky finger of the strumming/picking hand. This is the only finger that you don't really use when playing guitar. The only time I ever use it is to rest it on the guitar when I am fingerpicking or playing classically, and I think this is supposedly bad playing form. I say pinky on the strumming hand.

That's like me - but...

I'm not the one who said I'd rather be blind than (whatever.)

That was most certainly an inciteful' date=' necessary missive to the entire planet.

You go - I'll stay out now.[/quote']

I meant it......

I certainly don't want to lose my sight, but I have to have music. It's who I am.

Archived