Gibson Brands Forums

what if?

Flight959

I've a friend who's blind and makes his living as a guitar picker. Gotta have help traveling, but... no problem pickin'. You have to be a bit up front to tell him what key and once or twice I've suggested he may wanna move a wire.

The "what if" is interesting.

I'm a finger picker and at one time I worked to do "original" Travis picking with thumb and just one finger - with each finger on the right hand put to use as "the" finger.

Left hand? Well, open tunings and a bar that could work even with a prosthesis would be more likely for me. There are a number of potential variations and knowing me, I'd probably try as many as I could imagine.

m

That's like me - but...

I'm not the one who said I'd rather be blind than (whatever.)

That was most certainly an inciteful' date=' necessary missive to the entire planet.

You go - I'll stay out now.[/quote']

never said I would rather be blind....

I just said it worked fine for feliciano

learn to read

What would you guys do if you were unfortunate enough to loose your fingers on one hand?

Id switch to left handed guitar if I could hold a pick in my injured hand...

Regards

Simon this is my friend from Youtube and he copes with EXACTLY the problem you describe. Watch and be amazed by a man who has no right hand

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvYA4TbdNUs[/YOUTUBE]

Simon this is my friend from Youtube and he copes with EXACTLY the problem you describe. Watch and be amazed by a man who has no right hand

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvYA4TbdNUs[/YOUTUBE]

Great video Matt, and nice shredding from your friend! Nothing is impossible to me, and this is a nice example!

Cheers to your friend!

Hi Kris

The power of determination and enthusiasm are often over looked aren't they? Instead people focus on intelligence or talent as the qualities responsible for what they hear/see. I believe what people like Mr Denner show in the clip is that anything is possible, as a reality and not just as a dream by sheer focus and will power.

For what it is worth John Denner I think he has more than a few doses of talent as well as a tremendous will.

Matt

Hi Kris

The power of determination and enthusiasm are often over looked aren't they? Instead people focus on intelligence or talent as the qualities responsible for what they hear/see. I believe what people like Mr Denner show in the clip is that anything is possible' date=' as a reality and not just as a dream by sheer focus and will power.

For what it is worth John Denner I think he has more than a few doses of talent as well as a tremendous will.

Matt[/quote']

Well stated Matt,

Determination is a strange thing that can significantly change one's life, impact one's world. A great book to read about the topic and to open the discussion outside the world of music, is THE IMPOSSIBLE JOURNEY, by Odd Harald Hauge:

PHR_ZAHL_PEDERSEN_S_230814a.jpg

PS BTW, John Denner is a true virtuoso!

Well stated Matt' date='

Determination is a strange thing that can significantly change one's life, impact one's world. A great book to read about the topic and to open the discussion outside the world of music, is THE IMPOSSIBLE JOURNEY, by Odd Harald Hauge:

[img']http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp185/DeVeeWee/PHR_ZAHL_PEDERSEN_S_230814a.jpg[/img]

PS BTW, John Denner is a true virtuoso!

Thanks Kris I will read it.

Matt

I was gonna stay out' date=' but since you called my name:

Did you have that talk with him?[/quote']

only a moron would have to ask him if it worked for him....

I was talking bout his guitar playing... not life in general.

Archived