Gibson Brands Forums

Little Lanilei Finally Arrived

Rocky4

Just got it today. It was shipped right after I threatened a sh*tstorm of complaints, fraud claims, and legal action. I'd seen horror stories online about people never receiving their amps, along with the 15 months wait I read about here.

It's a cool little amp. Not $350 and six month wait cool, but it's cool. I'll tinker with it a while and see if I can get a few videos up.

Just got it today. It was shipped right after I threatened a sh*tstorm of complaints' date=' fraud claims, and legal action. I'd seen horrer stories online about people never receiving their amps, along with the 15 months wait I read about here.

It's a cool little amp. Not $350 and six month wait cool, but it's cool. I'll tinker with it a while and see if I can get a few videos up.[/quote']

Good lord, you just got it. I certainly can understand your anxiety.

I'm glad you finally got it. +:-@

That's awesome. So what do you think? Is it worth it. I still might get one.

I bought one from a store and EQ was broke' date=' so I returned it. I never got to really test it because it was all messed up.

I am jealous. [/quote']

I wouldn't do business with the company again in a million years. Save an eBay search. You'll get it faster and cheaper.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Little-Lanilei-Electric-Guitar-1-4Watt-Tube-Amp_W0QQitemZ200390919565QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2ea83ac58d#ht_500wt_1073

So far, I'm a little dissapointed with the amp. I get a great sound with the neck pickup on my Special, but the bridge pickup sounds kinda solid statish. The sound of my Junior doesn't come through too well, and it has a very distinct sound when using my other amps.

So far' date=' I'm a little dissapointed with the amp. I get a great sound with the neck pickup on my Special, but the bridge pickup sounds kinda solid statish. The sound of my Junior doesn't come through too well, and it has a very distinct sound when using my other amps.[/quote']

Sorry to hear that. How loud does it get.

wow 1/4 watt' date=' with a 6 inch speaker or 8 inch speaker? Open back or closed back box?[/quote']

6 1/2 inch speaker, closed box. I'm playing now and starting to like it more. I think the bad buying experience might have influenced my opinion

Keep playing with it, you'll actually like it more and more as you get used to it. I love mine but then again I only waited six weeks so I wasn't totally pissed off when I got it. The six inch speaker sounds damn good at the lower volume and wait till you get a chance to record with it amazing.

does take some getting uses to though very differnet to ply through the sub watt amps the low volume and tube saturation is very different try the speaker bypass into a larger cab and you'll be really surprised by the clean tones.

Might little Lanilei was fast compared to Vox I waited 4 1/2 months for the Night Train and almost six months for the cabinet!!!

th_SANY0004.jpg

I was curious I had heard from someone else that if you ordered anything different it could really mess p delivery he tends to build several of the same thing at one it seems change it up and your on the list when he gets to you?

I never specified to begin with. Two months ago he said it would be shipped in the next two weeks. When I didn't get it, he said it was on his bench, then asked me if I ordered black or tweed.

Archived