Gibson Brands Forums

Ebony stain Gibson SG Classic

Nooneknows

Hi, I currently have an Ebony stain Gibson SG Classic which took me about 2 years to track down due to it's rarity. It's the one that looks black until you turn it in the light and turns brown with the woodgrain showing through.

Anyway, I've just bought a Maton MS503 Mastersound so I'm thinking of selling the SG. I'm not going to list it on Ebay because their charges are ridiculous so I thought I'd see if there was any interest here. Failing that I'll place an ad in the local press etc.

If anybody would like some pictures I could send them to you. It's been professionally set up, all original and I'd rate it's condition as 8/10. I don't gig so it hasn't left my house. Oh yeah, it also comes with a genuine Gibson hardcase (it originally came with a gigbag) which it sleeps in when not in use.

Thanks for your time =d>

• 3 years later...

Hi, I currently have an Ebony stain Gibson SG Classic which took me about 2 years to track down due to it's rarity. It's the one that looks black until you turn it in the light and turns brown with the woodgrain showing through.

Anyway, I've just bought a Maton MS503 Mastersound so I'm thinking of selling the SG. I'm not going to list it on Ebay because their charges are ridiculous so I thought I'd see if there was any interest here. Failing that I'll place an ad in the local press etc.

If anybody would like some pictures I could send them to you. It's been professionally set up, all original and I'd rate it's condition as 8/10. I don't gig so it hasn't left my house. Oh yeah, it also comes with a genuine Gibson hardcase (it originally came with a gigbag) which it sleeps in when not in use.

Thanks for your time =d>

I have a 1999 SG Special in Ebony Stain. I never heard of it, and thought is was walnut or something when I bought it. It has a one piece body, which I didn't know when I bought it, either. It's a great player, which is what really interested me...the more I play it, the better it gets. I understand they made very few in this finish each year from '98-00 or there about.

mark

Archived