Gibson Brands Forums

Batteries

djroge1

Ok, this is what I was really going to post.

So I bought this new reverb pedal last week a Digitech Hardwire and I don't know if it was just the battery that came with it being old or if it eats them up quickly. Anyway, that battery only lasted about 2 hours worth of playing time.

Anyone else have a pedal the eats batteries like potato chips?

What FirstMeasure said. The only stuff I put batteries into are fuzz and treble booster pedals because they actually effect their sounds. The exception to that are Foxrox fuzzes because he built one helluva power supply circuit that works great with power adapters.

If you leave it off' date=' the batteries will last forever.

Oh, wait - I get it.

How does it sound?[/quote']

It sounds great! So far I've mostly used the spring reverb setting but the plate setting is nice too. This pedal uses a Lexicon chip and a Lexicon reverb is what Larry Carlton uses in his rig. Although he doesn't run it in-line or even in the effects loop. His rig is set up like a studio ~ dry sound mic'd into a mixer with reverb etc... and then sent to two speakers with wet effects next to his amp.

Now I've go to do a search for "one spot."

It sounds great! So far I've mostly used the spring reverb setting but the plate setting is nice too. This pedal uses a Lexicon chip and a Lexicon reverb is what Larry Carlton uses in his rig. Although he doesn't run it in-line or even in the effects loop. His rig is set up like a studio ~ dry sound mic'd into a mixer with reverb etc... and then sent to two speakers with wet effects next to his amp.

Now I've go to do a search for "one spot."

Excellent.

Try the One Spot - it does a great job, and it's cheap -

But be sure to listen and check if it sounds different.

I made me some adapters to use one (or two) of the newer boss power suplies to power up all pedals I place in the board.

But, always remember, those bateries that come with pedals are usually just for enabling you to test it, so they are suposed to last for less than 2 hours (you got lucky). If you plan on using bateries for pedals, remember to always unplug the patch cables after playing or your bateries will be drained.

Archived