Gibson Brands Forums

Buffing up the paintjob?

Kiwi

I've got an SG Faded, which I think you could tell by my signature. Anyway, I once heard that it was possible to make the paintjob on the Faded a bit more shiny and "standard". Is this easy to accomplish and what would I need to do it?

Would be awesome if one of you guys maybe had some kind of walk-through over the whole procedure. Again, I don't know if this is something I think I've heard, or if it's true- but I'm pretty darn sure I've seen a buffed up Faded here and there =D>

i dont think you will ever be able to make it look like a Std's finish, but....

For the LP STd Faded, lots of guys use Virtuoso Cleaner AND Polish to shine their axes. Based on pics, it seems to work pretty well. Both are available at GC and cost about 10 bucks each.

I've got an SG Faded' date=' which I think you could tell by my signature. Anyway, I once heard that it was possible to make the paintjob on the Faded a bit more shiny and "standard". Is this easy to accomplish and what would I need to do it?

Would be awesome if one of you guys maybe had some kind of walk-through over the whole procedure. Again, I don't know if this is something I think I've heard, or if it's true- but I'm pretty darn sure I've seen a buffed up Faded here and there :-k [/quote']

THe faded has 1-2 coats of nitro laquer where the standard has numerous coats.Reality is,you have a faded.If you want a shiny guitar,you need to buy something other than a faded

Thanks for all your answers guys!

I think that I'll take the easy way out at the beginning, and try some of that cleaner/polish-thing FennRx suggested. I'm not really too keen on removing the whole body and stripping the paint or things like that... And I don't really have the money for a standard either, so I'll just get this as shiny as possible :-k

Archived