Gibson Brands Forums

Newbie Question: Good Deal or Not?

GibsonBlues59

Yeah, that's a decent price for sure.

A LP for less than $2k is always a good thing.

And NEVER buy a Gibson without the case!

According to GC's site that guitar listed for $3,279.

A good street price is 1/3 off or $2,200.

Is this it?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Les-Paul-Standard-Traditional-Electric-Guitar-104912233-i1400045.gc

Well' date=' I just ordered it, after reading all the input, I figured it was a good deal at $1750.00. It comes with everything, case, manual, warranty, truss tool. I'll post pictures as soon as I get it. I am soooo excited!!!

thanks everyone.[/quote']

This is better than Christmas morning isn't it. Don't be surprised that on the first night iyou have the urge to have it in bed with you to keep it safe.

This is better than Christmas morning isn't it. Don't be surprised that on the first night iyou have the urge to have it in bed with you to keep it safe.

You got that right Big Bill!!! I've waited a long time for the right LP to come along and I'm certain this is it. So now I have the single coil and humbucker tones covered.

I see you included it in your signature. Welcome to the world of Gibson. Enjoy the ride.

I had to, my first LP and I'm just too F'in excited. It should be here in 4 days and that's going to be the longest 4 days EVER!! I played one through a blues junior at my local GC and I was floored by the thick creamy tone of the 57's. Without reverb it broke up quite nicely at vol = 8. The price of $2189.00 was just too much for me to handle and then I got a coupon in the mail for 20% off any product over 1k. So I thought I'd check here first and get some input.

thanks everyone.

Archived