Gibson Brands Forums

ES 335 Block reissue

barry2001

there is a large batch of 335s about to get started...i'm fairly confident we'll get yours out of this group of guitars.

Did you guys get started in the 335s yet ? Appreciate you taking the time to keep me up on my order .

barry,

seriously...answering questions on this forum is an extremely minor part of my daily duties here, so i don't really have time to follow one guitar through every step of production and give you constant updates. they are under way, but it's probably going to be another 3-4 weeks before they are done and ship. really there's nothing more i'm going to be able to tell you until they're done.

thanks for your patience and understanding on this matter.

• 2 weeks later...

I know the guitar comes with a certificate of authenticity . Ive read on the forum that the custom shop is now using a small booklet of some kind instead of the certificate . should i expect this with my Block reissue ?

barry, I do not mean to offend you with this, but show a little patience.

Admin has been more than helpful with your order. You've been fortunate to get this kind of response to date.

As a comparison, I waited well over a year for my Historic ES-335 and all I got from Gibson at the time was 60-90 days eveytime my dealer asked about it. Not only that, I also had a Firebird I on order for almost a year before the Custom Shop told me (through this board) and also told my dealer that they would not build the guitar at all.

You just ordered your guitar in December... you'll have it soon enough. It is only May. If your guitar was painted just a week ago, there is no way that it is going to be shipping to your dealer for at least a few weeks.

barry' date=' I do not mean to offend you with this, but show a little patience.

Admin has been more than helpful with your order. You've been fortunate to get this kind of response to date.

As a comparison, I waited well over a year for my Historic ES-335 and all I got from Gibson at the time was 60-90 days eveytime my dealer asked about it. Not only that, I also had a Firebird I on order for almost a year before the Custom Shop told me (through this board) and also told my dealer that they would not build the guitar at all.

You just ordered your guitar in December... you'll have it soon enough. It is only May. If your guitar was painted just a week ago, there is no way that it is going to be shipping to your dealer for at least a few weeks.[/quote']

If you read the thread you will see that i apologized to Admin for hitting him on the thread too often about my order and you can also see that when he saw them come through the paint booth last week he intiated the response and also said he felt that my guitar would probably go out this week . I understand he can't guarantee that, it was only his estimation . I know how it feels to wait on a guitar . Try 20 months ! Thats how long I had to wait on my PRS artist package that i got last October . I wont be asking admin again . I think he'll let me know if he sees it go out . I do appreciate more than you know for admin giving me the information . Very thankful of that

If you read the thread you will see that i apologized to Admin for hitting him on the thread too often about my order and you can also see that when he saw them come through the paint booth last week he intiated the response and also said he felt that my guitar would probably go out this week . I understand he can't guarantee that' date=' it was only his estimation . I know how it feels to wait on a guitar . Try 20 months ! Thats how long I had to wait on my PRS artist package that i got last October . I wont be asking admin again . I think he'll let me know if he sees it go out . I do appreciate more than you know for admin giving me the information . Very thankful of that[/quote']

i must have missed that part from admin about shipping in a week... that's quicker than i thought coming out of paint!

anyway, i know the wait is hard but these Historic 335's are certainly worth it... you''ll love yours, I'm sure...

since Custom Adminn is checking in on this thread:

have any '63 ES-335 Historic reissues been painted in black? I'd love to see (have) one of those...

i must have missed that part from admin about shipping in a week... that's quicker than i thought coming out of paint!

anyway' date=' i know the wait is hard but these Historic 335's are certainly worth it... you''ll love yours, I'm sure...

since Custom Adminn is checking in on this thread:

have any '63 ES-335 Historic reissues been painted in black? I'd love to see (have) one of those...

[/quote']

Funny you would ask about the black ones because when I ordered my faded cherry one there was indeed a black one available but thats not what I was after so I passed . I just hope i get the good news this week . Maybe it will ship this week but i understand it was just an estimation from admin . I ordered two guitars the same day . The other was a 57 custom VOS LP . Got it in two days and its a spectacular instrument . Could'nt be happier with it . So Im keeping my fingers crossed and hoping something happens soon on the other one :)

Archived